Tried the 'Dark Side' ....no shots over 1/50th

Name
Rod
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure I liked it there.....lots of 'binned shots'. These are the best? of the bunch. More skill needed me thinks.

9896940413_dbf37f1199_b.jpg

9896843504_889cde4e3a_b.jpg

9896939143_60a5cda979_b.jpg

9896831376_a5b3c5e092_b.jpg

9896794785_503b810e76_b.jpg

9896835036_c6accf944f_b.jpg

I'd never much been a fan of these shots, for some reason they'd always looked stupid even when they were sharp, but I think #4 is quite good(aside from it being squint) I think it's down to the perfection in the continuous "lines"

I have no right to judge... with no concept of what's involved.
Personal preference 1 and 4. I actually quite like No.1

The blurry lines kind of empathise speed, there is not to much distance in the background.. The out of focus scenery is all in the right direction, that view out of a window while travelling at speed look!

The others with too much back ground in different directions - looks like the car has landed on the picture or some Psychedelic experience.

Sorry I will be quiet and keep looking for Cadwell Pictures :)

Shows how opinions differ as I love these kinds shots, takes a bit of doing aswell.
A very nice set with number 2 being my favourite

I personally think this sort of thing really works, it coveys the speed and movement that something shot at a higher shutter speed with everything frozen just doesn't.

Number 4 is really nice!

really like number 4 - I think the angle and composition is perfect - makes the car look really loooooong!

I personally think this sort of thing really works, it coveys the speed and movement that something shot at a higher shutter speed with everything frozen just doesn't.

Number 4 is really nice!

Indeed, some people are obsessed with sharpness and the car may as well be parked on the track. These are racing cars, they move fast.

I think you have done very well, Rod.

Usually this is not my cup of tea but all your cars are pretty sharp or at least recognisable, not arty farty :p

Its another technique to vary your shots, but I wouldn't get obsessed with it being the be all and end all :)

A really good slow shot still depends on having good composition within the frame and a background which produces a pleasing blur.

Its another technique to vary your shots, but I wouldn't get obsessed with it being the be all and end all :)

A really good slow shot still depends on having good composition within the frame and a background which produces a pleasing blur.

Exactly that!! I do like i nice super slow shot I was trying 1/15 at Silverstone this last weekend. Practice makes perfect though ;)

I was messing around with dropping the shutter speed down today, and can appreciate how hard it is, some great results here.

I really like it, wouldn't want to see a set of them but all ways to vary.

Monopod or free standing?

Pin sharp shots, well done. Really like the sense of movement in all of them.

I was messing around with dropping the shutter speed down today, and can appreciate how hard it is, some great results here.

I really like it, wouldn't want to see a set of them but all ways to vary.

Monopod or free standing?

Free standing

Back