Trigger Voltage??

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Further to my thread on the equipment forum, does anyone know what the trigger voltage is for the Praktica 1600A flashgun? I've Goo*led but it appears I need to spend cash !! to buy a manual to find out.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Andy

Thanks TS (excellent name by the way),

Ummm, according to Nikon 12 to 15.5 volts is max, this maybe to powerful......

Andy

You could still use it off camera, with a radio trigger for instance.

You could still use it off camera, with a radio trigger for instance.

Aye, good idea. But how does that work?

Andy

Have a look at the Wein Safe Sync it reduces the trigger voltage of any flash to 5volts so you don't fry the electronics of your camera it's about £40 at The Flash Centre.

Have a look at the Wein Safe Sync it reduces the trigger voltage of any flash to 5volts so you don't fry the electronics of your camera it's about £40 at The Flash Centre.

Thanks Ben, I'll have shufti at that later.

Andy

Cheers

Blimey, theres a lot on there isn't there. That should fill the long, dark winter evenings.

Andy

TBH, your evenings would be better spent playing with a s/h 480EX/SB400 and seeing what you get and what works for
you than filling your head with a jumble of info you will forget in an instant and don't / won't ever need anyway :)

TBH, your evenings would be better spent playing with a s/h 480EX/SB400 and seeing what you get and what works for
you than filling your head with a jumble of info you will forget in an instant and don't / won't ever need anyway :)

I see your point and that is part of my cunning plan, however, as I am a complete novice when it comes to flash (and I haven't got my SB600 yet) I thought it would give me an overview of whats required. I'm not going to read all of it in the evenings, thats what work is for. :LOL:

Andy

Knowledge is never wasted, even if you don't use it practically you may still be able to help someone else one day.

Back