Triggers.... wireless or sensor?

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Triggers seem to be wireless... or by sensor, flashing one light when it sees another.

I have seen these on ebay, they have a switch whereby you can do either, wireless OR by sensor.

Is this a good thing and a reasonable price for one transmitter and 3 receivers?

Looks alright, although I think people have had issues with triggers from eBay. I know AndyBorzi had a problem with his Nikon flash on one of the PT-04 sets, where it free-fired constantly, and when I bought it off him it wouldn't fire my Oly FL36R at all :shrug: Works fine with my older flashgun though.

Triggers seem to be wireless... or by sensor, flashing one light when it sees another.

I have seen these on ebay, they have a switch whereby you can do either, wireless OR by sensor.

Is this a good thing and a reasonable price for one transmitter and 3 receivers?

I've got these exact triggers, i hav had no problems whatsoever with them. They will fire upto around 130ft. The optical will still work in low light upto around 70ft, i have had no misfires so far, around 1000 shots, and no randim triggering of flashes. They are built well, don't cost a lot, and people on Strobist have been commenting how they work with some of the more problematic flashes eg.285hv's and Canon 580ex's. I think i paid £28 for 1T/X and 2 R/X units, so for the extra R/X that price is fairly good. Hope this helps(y)

Thanks guys, I might chance my arm then! ;)

Thanks guys, I might chance my arm then! ;)

I will be interested to see how you get on with these Janice, then i might take the plunge :D

I will be interested to see how you get on with these Janice, then i might take the plunge :D

They dont call me Janice the Guinea Pig for nothing!! ;) :D

Do we? lol

I'll remember that.............title change on the cards there MOD's? :)

I have the pt-04 ebay triggers and they are tested on so far:
Sb-800
Sunpak 433
Nissin 360 TW
Miranda zf-3
starblitz 3200 bt twin-s
helios 38 auto
Worked fine on all of them

Looks alright, although I think people have had issues with triggers from eBay. I know AndyBorzi had a problem with his Nikon flash on one of the PT-04 sets, where it free-fired constantly, and when I bought it off him it wouldn't fire my Oly FL36R at all :shrug: Works fine with my older flashgun though.

The hotshoe on the ebay triggers and all other YongNuo products (so probably these too) is a very poor fit for the Nikon speedlight foot,allowing the flash to rock back and forward, causing the misfiring.

It is easily sorted with a bit of gaffer tape to pad out the hotshoe fitment (make sure not to cover the centre contact) which allows for a much better fit and should eliminate the misfires.

Damn the weak £!

Upto £40 now :( Still seem to be a bargain from the reviws ive been reading, just ordered a set now :D

This may sounds stupid and i should have asked before buying but any reciver will trigger any flash wont it? Its just i see them advestised with specific flash types but im assuming thats just for extra hits?

The hotshoe on the ebay triggers and all other YongNuo products (so probably these too) is a very poor fit for the Nikon speedlight foot,allowing the flash to rock back and forward, causing the misfiring.

It is easily sorted with a bit of gaffer tape to pad out the hotshoe fitment (make sure not to cover the centre contact) which allows for a much better fit and should eliminate the misfires.

My Oly FL36R didn't fire at all! :LOL:

Back