Name
Yvonne Celestine
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm a beginner and just bought Neewer N1T-S TTL 2.4G 32 Channels transmitter to use with my Sony a58 and Sigma EF - 610 flash. I also bought Neewer receivers just in case cus I'm still trying to figure it all out.
Unfortunately the flash is still not being triggered off camera and I'm wondering if I'm not doing something right or perhaps, it is not compatible with the transmitter.
Would appreciate feedback soon as I may have to return the transmitter should it be incompatible.
Thanks

The Sigma EF 610 flash is compatible with Sony's own built-in remote flash triggering system which your A58 has. Why are you buying these other triggers?

The Sigma EF 610 flash is compatible with Sony's own built-in remote flash triggering system which your A58 has. Why are you buying these other triggers?

Yes I'm aware of that. The thing that bothers me is that the Sigma isn't the only flash triggered but that of the camera as well which usually defeats the purpose when you want particular effects. If there is a way I can avoid the camera flash going off as well, I would love it.

Yes I'm aware of that. The thing that bothers me is that the Sigma isn't the only flash triggered but that of the camera as well which usually defeats the purpose when you want particular effects. If there is a way I can avoid the camera flash going off as well, I would love it.

See my reply to your other "Triggers" thread. This shouldn't be happening. It's never happened when I've used a remote flash controlled by the pop-up. Checking for reports of similar problems to yours, however, I see claims that this problem can occur if you're using too high an ISO, too large an aperture, the camera being too close to the subject, or when using the pop-up's illumination flash to control the remote, rather than the coded TTL control system. If you can supply details of the circumstances under which you got this effect I should be able to duplicate it with my camera and see what's happening.

I'm not sure about Sony's remote triggering system, but when you set up the camera to trigger using the pop-up flash you should be able to set up the power ratio of the pop up so that it's not bright enough to affect the shot (ie the external flash overpowers it) but still enough of a flash to trigger your Sigma.
I used to do with with great effect on my Canon 60D using the pop-up flash to trigger an external Nissin flash.

See my reply to your other "Triggers" thread. This shouldn't be happening. It's never happened when I've used a remote flash controlled by the pop-up. Checking for reports of similar problems to yours, however, I see claims that this problem can occur if you're using too high an ISO, too large an aperture, the camera being too close to the subject, or when using the pop-up's illumination flash to control the remote, rather than the coded TTL control system. If you can supply details of the circumstances under which you got this effect I should be able to duplicate it with my camera and see what's happening.

Thanks, I will take another look at it, make the necessary adjustments and see what the outcome will be. Will get back to you if I'm still struggling with it. Much appreciated

I'm not sure about Sony's remote triggering system, but when you set up the camera to trigger using the pop-up flash you should be able to set up the power ratio of the pop up so that it's not bright enough to affect the shot (ie the external flash overpowers it) but still enough of a flash to trigger your Sigma.
I used to do with with great effect on my Canon 60D using the pop-up flash to trigger an external Nissin flash.

Thanks for the input.

Back