6042370947_bcba2d1111_o.jpg

2. The Male
6043002040_737c035059_o.jpg

3. The Juvenile
6043077354_433e1f2d27_o.jpg

Thanks for looking
Marty

:puke::puke::puke::sulk::sulk::sulk:

I would be happy with one - and you go and put up three in one go!!!

By the way, excuse my ignorance, but how do you differentiate male and female in first two?

Really good and well done.

Stunning shots Martin. I'm truly in awe! :clap:

By the way, excuse my ignorance, but how do you differentiate male and female in first two?

The female Kingfisher has a red base on her bill.

(y)

Being a new member of the Kingfisher clan, can I ask roughly how far you were from them to grab these.......

Also how do yuo distinguish between M&F? (Crappy work monitor but it appears more blue on the wings of the Male?)

so can someone enlighten me on sexing Kingy's?

Males have bright blue bits on the wings?

(y)

Being a new member of the Kingfisher clan, can I ask roughly how far you were from them to grab these.......

Also how do yuo distinguish between M&F? (Crappy work monitor but it appears more blue on the wings of the Male?)

so can someone enlighten me on sexing Kingy's?

Males have bright blue bits on the wings?

Hi Lynton.
These shots and most of my other kingy shots are taken between 2-3 meters from the birds.
The females have a red lower bill as in shot #1. The males lower bill is mostly black but there can be a small amount of red as in shot #2. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

All you want to capture now is a gay Kingfisher and you have the complete set.:D:D:D

Realspeed

very very nice :clap:

may I ask how you get them all to look at the same spot :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Les :D

To a newcomer to photography these are brilliant. I hope to get to this level one day.

Sharp enough to cut yourself on Martin (y) :clap:
Love the colours in the backround on no.1 and love to know what it / they were looking at ??
John

Back