Tripod Accessory to Hold Tethered Device

Edit My Images
No
I must be be missing something, but I'm struggling to find a product that will let me mount a tablet or laptop to a tripod leg so I can shoot tethered.

I can find bits here and components there and it's not entirely clear if all these various clamps, arms and grips are compatible with each other. It seems like there aren't any complete all-in-one solutions or a decent writeup to explain all the individual bits.

As I say, I must be missing something, because it's an obvious thing to want to do and it must have been done before. I must be Googling for the wrong thing.

Can you suggest some solutions and products please? Point me in the right direction. Once I'm looking in the right places for the right things, I'm sure a bit of research will unearth something that best suits my needs.

Thank you in advance.

I think I have a bit of a better grasp of what to look for in this area.

I'm thinking Super Clamp + Magic Arm + a laptop holder of some kind, perhaps a Ram Mount Tough Tray as suggested.

The Super Clamp and Magic Arm I can source from Ebay. It looks like there is enough ex-broadcast equipment floating about to make getting a genuine used one a possibility. Steering away from off-brand copies, for sure.

Are there any alternatives to Ram Mount in the laptop tray department? Always as well to consider alternatives first.

I also just need to figure out how to connect a tough tray to a Magic Arm. Definitely doable, just need to figure out what bits I need to make it happen.

The bonus is that the Super Clamp and Magic Arm can then double up for other uses I haven't thought of yet.

Last edited:
Back