Tripod for m4/3 landscapes

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
Looking for a tripod and ball head to be used with Olympus m4/3.I was thinking of maybe a travel tripod something light and easy to carry.
Would this be ok or should I look for something more substantial?
Cost is not a problem I just want to get the best possible that will last.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers Ian

Hi Ian,

I currently use a MeFOTO Roadtrip tripod and ball head for my GX8, and find it an excellent compromise between sturdiness, compactness and portability. It will also fold down very small if you ever need it to go into a suitcase. It has a built in hook that I hang my camera bag from if I feel that I need extra stability, and came with a set of spiked feet as well.

Well worth a look IMHO.

Cheers,

Simon.

Gitzo series 1 traveler or mountaineer and a small ballhead like the Markins Q3t

Last edited:
What height do you want it to be
Lever locks or twist locks
How small do you need it to fold

I'm short 5-5 so does not have to be really tall,prefer twist locks.Would like it as small as poss but this isn't a great factor as long as it fits on my backpack.

I'm short 5-5 so does not have to be really tall,prefer twist locks.Would like it as small as poss but this isn't a great factor as long as it fits on my backpack.
you can get a carbon travel tripod from ebay with a head for £79 (neewer tripod) , ive used on for a few months with my canon 5d miii and 16-35mm lens and its been good. it comes in a bag and is really small and light. ive just upgraded to a manfrotto 190 as i wanted a firmer more stable tripod for landscapes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neewer-Li...696661?hash=item2cb30f78d5:g:AusAAOSw4shX7OCK

Last edited:
I've been very impressed with my Benro tripod so you could look there, I got a great deal on one of their CF travel flat models.

In general m43 doesn't need quite such beefy tripods but it is still worth getting something decent if you can.

I have the manfrotto befree, it's well made and light enough at around 1.5kg. Not Carbon.
Also have this one very good for the price but I just didn't get along with the twist lock thing, not that it's bad just not for me.

Last edited:
Back