Tripod head orientation problem

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
I was wondering if anyone can help with a problem I seem to be having when operating my tripod with the center column adjusted so that it is horizontal. This lets me get my camera close to the ground which is great but in this position my pan & tilt head (804rc2) gives me limited movement - It does not tilt back far enough and ends up pointing downwards at too steep an angle. What I am trying to achieve is to get the camera close to the ground but still point forwards. I hope that makes sense.

I did consider getting a shorter centre column but that might still restrict the tripod in terms of how low it can go. Would a ball-head help if the centre column was horizontal? Is there some kind of adapter that I can use instead of the center column that the head will attach to?

Hello Tim.

Can you turn the mounting plate round so that the camera has more of the range of movement that you need?

Hello Tim.

Can you turn the mounting plate round so that the camera has more of the range of movement that you need?

The QR mounting plate is secured in one direction. I'll be able to unscrew the camera body and rotate it 90 degrees but I'm still not sure it will tilt back enough. I'll certainly try that when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back