Tripod help

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys iv been using a camlink tripod since i bought my camera and im at the stage where i want to upgrade some of my equipment, iv just upgraded my lens and next on the list is a decent tripod, can anyone recommend a good one with prices up to around £100 mark.

Cheers

It's not exactly a unique question, it crops up about six times a week and the answers rarely change. Manfrotto, Red Snapper, Three Legged Thing, etc. There was a well responded to "what tripod?" thread just a few days ago.

I'm afraid I can only offer an opinion on the one I own, a vanguard alta pro 263at. I chose this over other makes due to it being reduced and having a lot of features mainly the tilting centre column. I did read through lots of threads on here first seeking views and advice before buying though.

Last edited:
vBulletin Message
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. ???

Thanks so much for the 2 above ( useful) coments, i will look in to them for sure

Another user of redsnapper here, for the money seems very good as i couldn't justify hundreds for how often i use mine

Well, you could go for something different like a Benbo or Uniloc.

I'm not a lover of tripods and I hated my Manfrotto as it just wouldn't allow me to get the positioning I wanted.

The Benbo is different and not a centre column through the legs design and is so much more flexible for it. I just could and wouldn't live with a conventional column through the legs design as it's too limiting. My Benbo is also much more stable than my previous Manfrotto too which in comparison felt like a flimsy plastic toy.

interesting thread I am starting the search for a tripod myself. Im not a great lover of them but feel I really need one. I am looking at one mainly for still life but it would be nice if it was light enough and small enough to carry out it might encourage me a bit more. I will have a look at the Redsnapper. Id like a head that has fine adjustments really.

Got the redsnapper in the link last week, love it

H

Back