Beginner Tripod - Manfrotto vs Vanguard

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I bought a Manfrotto Befree as a replacement for the Sirui I bought a little while back which had a wobbly ball head.

The ball head on the Manfrotto seems mich better and stable. But.... the clippy/sliding things you use to unlock the legs so you can click them in position seem cheap and flimsy.

I’ve only just unpacked it so could still send it back.

Looking at Vanguard tripods they seem to have red buttons which seem better?

But the Vanguard website is totally confusing - too many options! Even within one price bracket there are seventy choices...

Does anyone have any comments on the Befree and/or the leg release clips or whether Vanguard is better?

Thanks in advance.

I love Manfrotto lever leg clamps ... they're ever so quick, lock solid and are adjustable for wear. Don't be a wimp!

In my limited experience with those brands I have found Vangaurd and Manfrotto to be of equivalent quality with Vangaurd being the better value (price/spec). I've also found Sirui to be of higher quality generally (and more expensive)...

Sorry misunderstanding- I don’t mean the leg clamps (mine has twisty legs). I mean the levers you use to click the legs into the angle you want.

These things:
IMG_1455.JPG

Back