Tripod recommendations please!

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive tripod (so aluminium probably!) for landscapes mostly at around £100.

What tripods are people using/have used and can you recommend anything??

Thanks!
Tom

nothing new for £100 but there is a Manfrotto in the classified ads for £120. Probably as light wieght and sturdy as you will get for the money

I have a Velbon one in sales for £50 posted
worked fine with my 200-500 on it only selling as upgraded to a Gitzo and gimbal head

I would say look at the used market.

A while back I picked up a Gitzo Systematic center column very cheap. However it came with a Gitzo 3 series Systematic tripod as well and within your budget! More recently I bought a nice used Gitzo Traveller for £140 - the bargains are out there if you are patient.

I would suggest looking for a top quality, older model, used tripod that will last as long as you do rather than limiting yourself to a new budget tripod. Also increase your budget a bit, you don't get good new tripods for £100, used? Maybe but a larger budget should secure you something that you want to keep long term - cheaper in the long run.

Happy hunting.

I use the manfrotto BeFree advanced though the regular one is fine. If you look around you can find one for around 100

I've got a Slik tripod, cant fault it, although I've not tried it in any extreme weather etc.

Pro400DX is the one I've got £115 on Amazon

Back