Tripods(again)

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone else have a K&F Concept KF-TC2534 Tripod.

I bought one of these sometime last year and only used for the first time yesterday (due to mobility problems-spinal op). I set it up and placed my 5D3 plus 70-200 lens on it , tightened all the ball head screws up, and lo and behold watched the camera sag down. I don't suppose after this amount of time I can get it replaced. Any one any idea's on how to rectify the problem,I don't think the ball head is replaceable.

Get a better ball head.

Any cheap one will do this, even lots of medium priced ones. If you put your 5D3 and a small prime on it it will probably be okay, but with a larger lens that makes the camera unbalanced it will sag.

It would be unusual for the ball head not to be replaceable. I would email the makers and ask.

I have the TM2515T and have found the ball head to be fine, although my camera and lens isn't quite as heavy as yours. When tighten it would be hard to move. I would suggest buying a different ball head, it's a standard ⅜ thread.

The ball head must be removable otherwise it couldn't convert to a monopod. Should just unscrew.

Does your 70-200 lens have its own foot? Are you mounting the tripod at an attachment point which is underneath the centre of gravity of camera + extended lens? If you can't do that then a longer quick release plate will let you do it. I have a 70-400mm which sags nastily on my best ball head. But if I slide the longer release plate I've attached to its foot along a bit so the camera + lens balances over the ball, then it stops sagging.

as @chris malcolm says it is a question of getting the centre of gravity over the ball head. Just about any ball will hold what ever the tripod can carry, if straight and level. At other angles the centre of gravity will shift and you will have to adjust the position of your long qr plate plate to get it back in balance.

Even with the heaviest head it is important to get the camera and lens in balance.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your input. I do have a spare quality ball head so will have to figure out the exchange. I have already tried to remove the one on the tripod by hand but am unable to move it, so will try grips on it.

Does your 70-200 lens have its own foot? Are you mounting the tripod at an attachment point which is underneath the centre of gravity of camera + extended lens? If you can't do that then a longer quick release plate will let you do it. I have a 70-400mm which sags nastily on my best ball head. But if I slide the longer release plate I've attached to its foot along a bit so the camera + lens balances over the ball, then it stops sagging.

Yes the lens does have it's own foot, will have to have a search for a longer plate. It is the camera that sags and I have even tried to reverse the tripod attachment on the lens but that is not possible as the locking screw catches the body of the camera.

Back