Tripods - how many of you have bought more than once?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I've been into DSLRs for 2 years and my Gitzo GT3540 XLS is my 7th tripod
:thinking::bonk:

Just wondered whether you've bought your first one thinking you don't need to buy one twice but ended up changing your mind.

PS. can anyone beat seven? :D

My previous tripods have all been given to a local pet shop to sell for the benefit of Dogs For The Disabled and they've got quite a lot of money for them, so some good has come from my buying mistakes :)

Cheers, Mark

I am still on my first one which I got about a year ago.

I have two, 785 for holidays,190 xprob for general and have just had to order another...........:bang:

I have had a cheap hama that broke - iam on a Velbon CX 640 now and will be looking at a monfrotto 055ProB soon.

soo in a space of a year that makes 3 with 2 in working condition.

Mmmmm.. I'm sure someone will come along and say they've bought more than me!

When I finally meet the "one" and I see her with her handbag and shoe collection, I'll remember, before criticising, what I've done with tripods, for sure:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Mark

I have a Slik 88 which I bought S/H a couple of years ago. When I sold all my equipment I got rid off my Slik 88 Black diamond so when my interest reawakened I bought another.

Had previously had a Benbo, and a couple of large Manfrottos, but prefered the Slik to them all. It's lookimg a bid tired now so on the lookout for another decent tripod, I will watch this thread with interest to see what is recommended.

Bought my first not long ago. Fingers crossed but it looks like a keeper. Even in windy conditions I reliably get multiple exposures for HDR that are aligned to within one pixel or less.

Still on my First which is Carbon Fibre Manfrotto.... Its been everywhere and in places you would not push your worst enemy...

Still functional, has a clean every year and it 3.5 years old this month..

(Having a party when its Five)

I bought one 7 years ago and still have it - Manfrotto 055Pro black and 141RC head.

Buy it once, buy it right.

I certainly can't beat 7 in 2 years but I've had more than a few over the past 35 years or so.
Tripod technology, like everything else, has evolved....they're lighter and stronger.
I do still have my first one from the early 70's but it's been relegated to supporting a halogen lamp to help illuminate ceilings when I'm decorating.

Bob

7th! :eek:
I'm only on my 2nd after 5 or 6 years of photography, and its a gitzo that im completely happy with now so i'm hoping to never have to get another.

I learnt a while ago now to just save up more and go for the model of anything i want i def know will be bloody good. I got fed up of paying not much money for things that don't last long, with other things as well as photography.

Well I've been into DSLRs for 2 years and my Gitzo GT3540 XLS is my 7th tripod
:thinking::bonk:

Just wondered whether you've bought your first one thinking you don't need to buy one twice but ended up changing your mind.

PS. can anyone beat seven? :D

My previous tripods have all been given to a local pet shop to sell for the benefit of Dogs For The Disabled and they've got quite a lot of money for them, so some good has come from my buying mistakes :)

Cheers, Mark

crikey i only have 1 and had 1 and been into it about a year

I own 2 different Gitzo's, 1 for use with my RRS ballhead, 1 for use with my Gimbal.

Cant see why I would want to change them at all.

I have 2 (and a half) tripods and 2 monopods, I also have a car window clamp thingy.

I gave away my 30 yr old Slik 88 only a few months ago as I was given a Uniloc set of legs (head cost me £90 though!)

Bought my 2nd tripod at Focus this year, a Manfrotto

Between that and the Uniloc I should be okay for the next 30 years

DD

Just bought my second. I'm one of the few people who thinks that cheap tripods aren't always a bad thing.

Have only bought 1 so far, got a velbon sherpa 450. Seems to do for me at the moment.
I did buy a Giottos Ball Head recently and am much happier with the control it gives (y)

I have a Hama Star sixtytwo aka Jessops three-two-three.

Looking to get a redsnapper and Manfrotto 804RC2 when I have some spare money.

Thats interesting, I didn't know that. Anyway I have a Jessops 323, which I bought on the bay for £15 (refurbed), and even for that money I think its crap. So I likely to be moving onto number 2 pretty soon.

I had a cheap Jessops one, then a Manfrotto 190. I'm onto my second 190XPROB (bought one, sold it to upgrade to a 055, never bought the 055, but got another 190XPROB at a bargain price!!)

In the 15 years + I've been taking photos I've had 3

A velbon that I bought in the USA and sold when I bought
Benbo Trekker and mini B&S head and bag which I still have but I bought a
055 ProB plus 322RC Head when I rekindled my interest and wanted something that was quicker and easier to use.

Other than perhaps getting something light (think Carbon Fibre) I can't see me getting another for a long time.

Agree with Raymond Lin that you should buy once and buy right (good advice that)

Still got the old Velbon I've had for 20+ years but my GF recently gave me a nice video one with pan n tilt head and a quick release plate!

Had a basic tripod but was then given a better one but I lost the screw for it. Went out and bought a Velbon then a couple of weeks later found the missing screw!! So I've got 3 now!

Paul

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: I wonder whether we've bought the same tripods as each other :thinking:

Ah, but I bet you haven't bought that many within 2 years
You are right but I have had 3 Gitzo CF tripods in the last 12 months lol.1257LVL,
1325 and a GT3540LS

lol. Can't beat that. I'd imagine the 3540 XLS will be the only one I'll ever need, and for me to say that is something!:LOL:

Mind you, I'm doing pretty much the same as you but with Kata bags. They're awesome. Already have the R-103 and expecting a HB-205 to arrive on Monday from Aspen of Hereford, with a Kata Insertrolley. Will take a Canon 300mm f2.8L IS no probs at all. They'll be very hard to beat for quality and functionality.

Sorry to drift off subject a little :rules::woot:

lol. Can't beat that. I'd imagine the 3540 XLS will be the only one I'll ever need, and for me to say that is something!:LOL:

Mind you, I'm doing pretty much the same as you but with Kata bags. They're awesome. Already have the R-103 and expecting a HB-205 to arrive on Monday from Aspen of Hereford, with a Kata Insertrolley. Will take a Canon 300mm f2.8L IS no probs at all. They'll be very hard to beat for quality and functionality.

Sorry to drift off subject a little :rules::woot:
Talking about bags I just got a Kinesis L511 and its the best bag I have ever had for the 300 or 500 and weighs about 2LB,great for carry on.

Back