tripods

Edit My Images
Yes
hi everyone
i am after buying a tripod but with so many different tripods available the ? is what tripod to get , i dont have a great deal of dosh to spend one around £130 or so . can anyone recommend one ?
thanx in advance.....
grant

Manfrotto do an excellent range, and I would reccomend you to look at their site. http://www.manfrotto.com/page4482.html might help you to work out what you need from one. What sort of stuff do you normally shoot? As this well determine the tripod for you. do you need the tripod to go low to the ground? Does it need to be light? etc. I have a Manfrotto 190X PROB, and I very much recommend it as do most of the other people who have bought one.

I would 2nd looking at the manfrotto range. i have the 055 pro b legs and a 234rc head, although im looking at getting a ball head and a geared head as well. I think you will find everything you need with the manfrotto range, its just depends on exactly what type of photography you do and your budget.

:agree:

I too have the Manfrotto 190 (although not the X :() and it is a superb 'pod. Mind you with a decent head too it might push your budget a bit :thinking:

:agree:

I have a Manfrotto 055 ProB and it's very stable, but heavy.

I would say get a good one in the first place, you don't want to spend more money in a few months because you bought cheap. With a budget £130 you'll have no problems.

We shall look forward to your next thread on what tripod head to get :LOL: :LOL:

I got the giottos mt9180 with the mh 1001 ball head from warehouse express for £110, build quality is the same as the manfrotto but its a little bit heavier. It was under the special offers mid way down the page.

Yep Manfrotto is the way to go, either the 190XPRO or the 055 pro of you are over about 5'8:LOL: I almost went for the 190XPRO but it was just too short so had to opt for the 055PRO instead, bigger but heavier.:)

I'm going to buck the trend and say look at the benbo range. They're awkward, don't fold down well, ugly, BUT, they're extremely versatile, hit virtually any position you want, legs are "upside down" meaning you can set it up in water without worrying and best of all they're stable.

Not only that, because they're not fashionable you can pick them up cheap second hand :D

I wouldn't part with my Benbo 2. It's a real heavy monster, but it's a solid platform for the heaviest kit.

thanx
i have decided to get myself Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod & 804RC2 3-Way Head priced @139.99
seems a bargain what does you manfrotto users think ?

DONT DO IT !!!

I got the giottos mt9180 with the mh 1001 ball head from warehouse express for £110, build quality is the same as the manfrotto but its a little bit heavier. It was under the special offers mid way down the page.

I have the giottos mt9170 it is a little bit heavier than the manfrotto but supports a lot more weight too and comes with the carry bag, legwarmers and ground spikes so there is nothing else you need.

S

Back