Tripods

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, would just like some advice on a new tripod as mine is a little unstable. It will be used with my 60D for long exposures, shooting the moon and landscapes mainly. Something lightweight and compact would be useful, but most of all must be stable. Thanks guys.

Richard, you need to give a budget for a more in depth answer as you could go from around £800 to £150 and find a tripod you will like. Also you don't mention whether you need a tripod head or not.

Andy

Don't really have a budget in mind which is why I never put it, don't really know how much they cost tbh. Obviously I'm not going to pay £800!! And yes I need a complete tripod. Thank you.

Hi all, would just like some advice on a new tripod as mine is a little unstable. It will be used with my 60D for long exposures, shooting the moon and landscapes mainly. Something lightweight and compact would be useful, but most of all must be stable. Thanks guys.

Is yours unstable in the head or just a little light / flimsy ?

I've a Manfotto tripod and head, which works well for me and wasn't very expensive - think I picked it up in the sale a year or so ago for around the £100-120 mark. You can pay whatever you wish to, I'd set yourself a budget you are comfortable to pay and then go from there.

WEX have some offers on Manfrotto and Giottos tripods / heads at present...

Cheapest option for you to try is to weight your tripod down - is there a hook under the centre column where you could hand a weight from, if not, try putting the handle of a bag round the base of the head / top of the tripod and then add some weight in it...

Back