Triptych canvas printing

Name
Bryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there everyone :)

Experimenting at work today and wondered if you lovely people had any advice on printing triptych photos onto 18MM gallery framed canvas.

The bit im struggling with is understanding how to crop one image into three so that you can have the image spanned across 3 separate frames whilst maintaining the wrap around etc.

If I wrap the edge of canvas 1 around the frame, where do I START the second canvas so that once the wrap around is done, from the front perspective the image is just continuous.

Probably made no sense, feel free to ask questions lol

Bry

Makes perfect sense to me - I don't know the answer, but would like to know too, so hopefully somone will be along soon to answer. I would imagine most canvas suppliers will be able to help - just seen tradecanvasprint.co.uk recommended in another thread and the chap from there (Ben) seems to post on here, so perhaps he can help.

I would have though any decent supplier would be doing that processing themselves to ensure it is correct so you should only be sending the original file

Might be worth giving Ben a should I'm sure he would be able to advise :) http://www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk/about.php

Last edited:
.......The bit im struggling with is understanding how to crop one image into three so that you can have the image spanned across 3 separate frames whilst maintaining the wrap around etc.

If I wrap the edge of canvas 1 around the frame, where do I START the second canvas so that once the wrap around is done, from the front perspective the image is just continuous.

Perfect Resize will do what you want in two main steps (using Photoshop as the host software).

Step 1: load image into Photoshop and launch Perfect Resize - switch on the tiling tool and use it to split the image into three columns. Press 'apply'. You now have three new files, each one showing exactly a third of the original image - i.e. left column, centre column, right column.

Step 2: Load left column (the left panel of the triptych) into Photoshop and launch Perfect Resize again. Switch on gallery wrap and choose the border style and thickness to suit an 18mm frame. Fine tune using the preview and press 'apply' when satisfied - PR will close leaving the wrapped image in Photoshop. Save it as a new file - e.g. left panel wrap.

Repeat step 2 for centre column and right column (the other two panels of the triptych).

That's it.

Last edited:
..... PR will close leaving the wrapped image in Photoshop. Save it as a new file - e.g. left panel wrap.

PS. I should have said:

PR will close leaving two separate layers in Photoshop - one is the original left column image from step 1 and the other is the wrap from step 2. Combine the two layers using 'merge visible' and save as a new file (unless you want to send the .psd to the printer, in which case don't merge).

Back