Trooping the Colour

Name
Tracey
Edit My Images
Yes
We've been very fortunate to secure tickets in the ballot. Was delighted to see that cameras are allowed, was just wondering if anyone else has attended this event and can offer any advice. I have a Canon Eos 50d, kit lens, 55-250, 30-700 and a 50mm lens. Do have a bigger sports lens but obviously won't be taking that! Thanks in advance.

Depends where you are seated, if you are near the front then the kit lens should be OK if further back then the 70-300.You wont have time or space to mess around changing lenses so work out what you will need and stick to it.
I suspect you will have to be in place well in advance so you should be able to decide what you need.
More important make sure you have plenty batteries and memory cards you wont get two chances at this.
BTW make sure you turn the flash off, upset one of the horses and you could find yourself in the Tower or even worse on Tower Green!

Last edited:
Depends where you are seated, if you are near the front then the kit lens should be OK if further back then the 70-300.You wont have time or space to mess around changing lenses so work out what you will need and stick to it.
I suspect you will have to be in place well in advance so you should be able to decide what you need.
More important make sure you have plenty batteries and memory cards you wont get two chances at this.
BTW make sure you turn the flash off, upset one of the horses and you could find yourself in the Tower or even worse on Tower Green!

Yes we have to be seated by 10 and it all kicks off at 11. Thank you

Last edited:
try and get a photo when one of them toy soldiers fall over ;)

I might call them that but not to their face, I've been in the changing room with 'em on Remembrance parades! (Does look funny though when they topple).

Get a ND8 for the 50mm and do some moody OOF crowd stuff.

I might call them that but not to their face, I've been in the changing room with 'em on Remembrance parades! (Does look funny though when they topple)..

Paul I do well to a ex one, my boss in work ;)

Back