Tropical Wings Question

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Hey Guys and Gals!
Probably a stupid question here, but am going to ask anyway. I'm off to tropical wings tomorrow with my new canon 70D, and was wondering if the humidity in the butterfly area, would effect my camera at all (such as condensation in the camera or lenses etc)?

Regards
iTrojan

I went to Butterfly World at St Albans last Sunday and had no condensation problems with my Panasonic GX1 or lenses, so I'm guessing that Tropical Wings should be similar.

The lens will steam up the moment you walk in the place.
Give yourself plenty of time for the lens to acclimatise.

Take a lens cloth and keep wiping the lens, it will eventually clear.
(Maybe 20 mins, maybe less)
But what ever you do, don't try and change a lens in there.

Thanks for the quick responses, thinking I might just pass on the butterflies. Its a scary thought with a new camera. i'll decide once I get their :) cheers guys

Thanks for the quick responses, thinking I might just pass on the butterflies. Its a scary thought with a new camera. i'll decide once I get their :) cheers guys
you'll be fine, as stated "don't change the lens while your in there" as soon as you come out the camera will dry off very quickly, as its less humid outside. hth mike.

Last edited:
Get in there and take some pics. Its no different then when you use it on a cold day or night and then take it back indoors I'm the warm

Back