Trouble shooting battery problem on canon sx280hs

Name
D
Edit My Images
Yes
This isnt the known problem where when you are videoing, there is a known fault where it tells you the battery is running low and then shuts the camera off. when i first got the camera i sent it back to them as they said it was fixed with firmware update. which it wasn't but i've just learned to live with it. i purchased end of 2014 and just these past few weeks, if you have the camera on, and then turn it off, it wont turn on again unless you open battery compartment and reseat battery - any techy/engineer types known what this might be? i don't think it's an issue with on/off button as it's always remedied by taking battery in and out. Don't really want to buy a new compact as this mostly covers what i need, but just a bit annoying, especially when i'm at gigs and stuff and turning it off an on (no i dont hold my camera in the air the whole gig, i'm short and 99% of time am at the front so not in anyones way :) ) - failing that, ill just have to learn to live with taking battery in and out like i did with the silly videoing problem - but i thought it was worth a try with the good good folk of this forum! :)

Back