Trucking - HDR Warning

Name
Charles
Edit My Images
No
Have been eyeing up this yard for a while and with change of security man was allowed in after work finished to take a few shots.
This is the result after playing with 3 bracketed shots.
I like it, however, I'm sure it won't ring a lot of bells :shrug:

TruckingHDRokTP.jpg

charles, they are almost like snarling hounds bearing their teeth, hungry for soemthing...awesome shot and PP. . (y)

It's great, real eye biting stuff. One of those rare occasions when overdone HDR works. Gives it a surreal, scifi look. All it needs is some lightning hitting the building and it could be straight out of one of those dark scifi films.

I like it, the effect suits the subjects and the enviroment. Only issue I have with it is the numberplate on the first truck, it keeps drawing my eye. Good image though! (y)

Beautiful shot and love the processing. Thumbs up here!

Like 'em!

HDR seems to work well with heavy industrial subjects, and I love the halo around the first truck... But I don't know why?

I am not a fan of hdr, but there is something about this that i kinda like, not too sure what it is. I think it's the red and gold effect. I think the sky is too dark and i am not too keen on the haloing. I would like to point out that to me this is not a gorgeous shot, or a beautiful shot but a standard shot of some lorries in a yard, which has been processed to get the look you have achieved.

Obviosly HDR is a marmite thing and people can go ott with it.

That said this heavy effect works quite well. I think it works because of the subject matter (skip lorries etc), the dirty grungy effect!

Gets my vote,looks like some post apocalyptic clean up about to begin and the buildings really add to the shot imo
Is that your radiation burnt shadow on the first truck....wearing headphones ? :D

I like the composition, but the HDR is overdone for my liking.

I would have upped the contrast and saturation a little bit.

i mean this with no disrespect, but this really does not ring my bells, not even close, the composition is nice but the processing is far too over the top

Cheers All

As I suspected, not for all. Still at least was enough to move you all to comment.
Did a couple of slight variations, so maybe combine the bits I liked on them and make something a little better.

Thanks for commenting.

Last edited:
Very Sci-Fi look. I actually kinda like the over-processed look (never thought I'd say that), but for a game-like feel, it works for me.

love it , how long did it take

Hi M
Didn't take too much time to cook, probably about hour playing around.
I've done a few HDR conversions now and can get the general look I'm after fairly quickly (few minutes) and then you can take as long as you are prepared to spend tweaking to get as close to the way you'd like it.

Back