Beginner Try again. Critique please.

I'm no expert so please treat these comments as such...

I think there's too much DoF here, so I would prefer to see either just the boy in focus or (possibly better, the cows and beyond in focus with the foreground OOF).

Just my 2p worth....

A

Too much foreground for me. The sky looks quite interesting, a lower position with less grass and more sky might have worked better and lost the fence posts but also the cows!

J

I would crop it from the bottom, to the bottom of the post where the little guy is sitting.

The background seems a little out of focus to me.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll try the DoF focus thing later. At the moment, my camera won't do that. As a matter of interest, what about the pic below. I took this years ago with my first digital camera ( 2 MP )

View attachment 41272

in regards to the first i think by shooting lower down and pointing a little bit higher up you would incorporate a little more sky ( around 1/3rd ideally as oppsoed to the current 1/4 or slightly less ) which would balance the scenery out more.
also by moving back and having the young lad as incidental to the landscape would work better because currently its in a kind of not a landscape but not a portrait shot so a little in no mans land.

Back