`Tryfan`

Quite like that, the detail in the foreground and this side of the rock face appeals more that the oft seen similars with dark shadow I think. :)

Thanks both,much appreciated.
I like that, for me it does seem a little dark in the foreground, but some people might like it that way :)

Hi Jim. I try to replicate what I saw at the time of capture and it was quite dark up there. By taking three shots at varying exposures though, for the HDR process, I could quite easily lighten the foreground a touch ;)

I was looking on my phone this morning, but on a second look on my PC it looks even better!. Awesome shot!. If I was being really really picky, my eyes would like those rocks in the middle cliff cluster a tad lighter. Keep up the good work! what time was up in the morning to catch this beauty?

That is a Lovely shot Mike, it was worth every second of dragging yourself up to get there for 5.30, crisp and clean, sublte reflections, great colour in the sky.
you did a really good job with the HDR i have always avoided it because my view was that it made things look to manufactured, but i must say you have proved my view incorrect!

Well done
Cracking Photograph

Thank you Steve,glad you like it.
I always use HDR for landscape work that would normally require filters such as sunsets etc. Its mainly because I hate the darkening of the tips of the peaks when using even a soft edged grad which I find makes the scene look unnatural. Having said that one of mt pet hates its when some Photographers create what looks more like a Cartoon when using HDR.
That is a Lovely shot Mike, it was worth every second of dragging yourself up to get there for 5.30, crisp and clean, sublte reflections, great colour in the sky.
you did a really good job with the HDR i have always avoided it because my view was that it made things look to manufactured, but i must say you have proved my view incorrect!

Well done
Cracking Photograph

Very nicely processed image and the exposure looks cock on to me, a great result for the early start Mike (y)

Thank you Steve,glad you like it.
I always use HDR for landscape work that would normally require filters such as sunsets etc. Its mainly because I hate the darkening of the tips of the peaks when using even a soft edged grad which I find makes the scene look unnatural. Having said that one of mt pet hates its when some Photographers create what looks more like a Cartoon when using HDR.

I agree Mike, grads aren't always the answer are they! May I ask if you are using a specific software for the HDR or are your using P/Shop?

Fine proof that HDR doesn't always have to look overdone.
This is a tad dark for me, but that really is just personal preference.

Back