Edit My Images
No
I have moved forums now sorry.

Attachments

• B&W Again.jpg
    B&W Again.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Hi Dani, I'm finding it a bit tricky to comment and I suspect others are too.

It looks like you've basically used the light well and it's nice and sharp.

It's somewhere between a selfie snapshot and a portrait of a model. If I treat it as the latter then the background clutter is a minor issue and I don't normally like poses where a model has both hands on the head - it tends to look like they're trying to stop their head from falling off!

I think it would be useful to see the original. Your skin looks very dark in this but it's hard to tell whether that's due to the exposure or the processing.

hth

Hi Dani, I'm finding it a bit tricky to comment and I suspect others are too.

It looks like you've basically used the light well and it's nice and sharp.

It's somewhere between a selfie snapshot and a portrait of a model. If I treat it as the latter then the background clutter is a minor issue and I don't normally like poses where a model has both hands on the head - it tends to look like they're trying to stop their head from falling off!

I think it would be useful to see the original. Your skin looks very dark in this but it's hard to tell whether that's due to the exposure or the processing.

hth
Thanks my skin is darker as it was when I had come back off holiday in December from Spain and I was tanned and I kept topping up my tan on my mums sunbed here at home! xx

sorry it looks like a smart phone selfie to me -

Les :sony:

I like the direction you're going with this shot. For me the composition and pose are not where they need to be which makes it more difficult to offer suggestions how you might want to bring out the tonality of the image to enhance the overall look.
You had an aim which is good "reflecting my moody day" so there was intent. It also appears you were going for a natural spur of that moment image. There are many ways of posing that scenario and you might want to explore posing options which by virtue of body language can allude without trying to overstate and become a little contrived. Maybe take a look at some moody mono's and find a couple which you find striking and get a feel for the contrast levels deployed in those images. Not everything is going to produce a stunning picture, fair play to you for exploring and actually trying something interesting.

Regards

Tim

Hi Dani,

Like @juggler said, it's difficult to give critique to any of the shots your posting because they all look like iPhone selfies rather than a real attempt at portrait photography.

I think someone mentioned it on another post but it would be good to see you sharing some non-selfie shots. Maybe give a landscape a go, or a portrait of a friend so you can actually control what's happening.

I would strongly recommend finding some photographers to look up to, picking up a book or two or watching tutorials on Youtube.

Admin Note :

It's been confirmed that the member @Dani Sparkles is not who they say they are.
It's believed it's a man, posing as a young woman on photography forums, posting provocative pictures and pretending to be a female photography novice.
Account has been banned, and all threads locked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back