ttl light meter

Name
jaime
Edit My Images
Yes
:D hi i am just wanting to ask about through the lens light meters. I have a pentax MZ-50 and i am struggling to work out how to use the built in ttl meter. Any help would be great, cheers.

i have already downloaded th manual and it has very little about the use of the meter but thanks anyway.

Jamie, perhaps if you explained what your specific problem is we may be able help more? :)

Ok, thanks. I am using my camera on manual focus and adjusting shutter speed and aperture manually also. When i try to check with my light meter if I have the aperture correct it just draws a blank sayin f--? Why would this be?

LOL :thinking:

The meter is drawing a blank, or the camera? Is it an analogue or digital meter?

And what lens are you using with the body?

Try removing the lens, then replace it.
The contacts might not be connectng properly.

Also check to see if the aperture tab on the inside of the lens isn't bent.
This causes the mechanics inside the camera to miss the tab.

it's a digitalmeter,it still displays on the top of the camera but when i depress the button half way the light meter goes blank? Will try all the suggestions here and get back to you, thank you all.

it's a digitalmeter,it still displays on the top of the camera but when i depress the button half way the light meter goes blank? Will try all the suggestions here and get back to you, thank you all.

Jamie, I think when you're talking about your light meter, you're just referring to the camera meter - not a separate hand held one?

The whole point of depressing the shutter halfway is that it powers the autofocus, and at this point you'd normally be looking through the lens, which is the best way to take a reading anyway, and which is probably why the f No blanks out. Can you still see the exposure info in the viewfinder at this point? :)

I think I finally got it sorted, thanks for all your help, I'll no doubt have many more questions soon. Went to develope a film today and some fool had put fix in the developer, could have been my masterpiece!

Back