Tube needed for background roller system

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I just bought one of these : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fotodiox-Si...=1396012241&sr=8-1&keywords=background+roller to wall mount my white background.

I had no idea it would be so difficult to acquire a suitable tube to roll the backdrop around.
I've rang around metal fabricators but steel is too heavy imo and aluminium only seems to be available in 5m lengths so very expensive.
I've also tried local carpet shops but their cardboard core is long enough but 10cm in diameter so too big for the mounts.

What I need is a 2.1m (ideally but slightly shorter would be OK) tube with internal diameter of between 45mm & 75mm and it has to be rigid so it won't sag while on the wall so PVC pipe is no good.

Any ideas?

Rich

It looks a similar design to my own and although it says in the instructions that you need a tube I have found that the thick card tube inside the roll of paper that it comes on does the job ;)

My backdrop came on a plastic tube which is too small for the roller system :(

2" outside diameter - 50.8mm
10swg wall thickness (3.25mm)
2m long
£ 25.47 plus VAT from metals4u or £ 40.75 for 3m

If you can get away with thinner, they do 16swg which is 1.6mm thick at £ 12.73 plus VAT for 2m or £ 20.37 for 3m 6swg wall thickness - 1.6mm? too thin?

Different diameters/thicknesses available.

2" outside diameter - 50.8mm
10swg wall thickness (3.25mm)
2m long
£ 25.47 plus VAT from metals4u or £ 40.75 for 3m

If you can get away with thinner, they do 16swg which is 1.6mm thick at £ 12.73 plus VAT for 2m or £ 20.37 for 3m 6swg wall thickness - 1.6mm? too thin?

Different diameters/thicknesses available.

Thanks, more than I wanted to spend on each tube to be honest but it may be my only option :)

OK.

48.3mm OD, 5mm wall thickness, 3m long £ 15.86 plus VAT/carriage from tube clamps direct.

Google / Ebay for aluminium scaffold pole.

Could probably get locally for a little more, but less hassle with postage.

I've also tried local carpet shops but their cardboard core is long enough but 10cm in diameter so too big for the mounts.
I got a large variety of cardboard cores from Carpet shops ... try some different ones. There are light and heavy, narrow and broad.

Where abouts are you Rich??

Back