Turning the place over

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
img_8445-edit.jpg

This is called “Turning the place over.” Its great. Liverpool needs more things like this. Completely random bits of art that make you go “eh?” Sure passers by had no idea what it was for or why they did it but everyone stopped and looked. I think thats the important bit with art. It makes people stop and for a brief moment, think. It adds something to your day. Everyone getting off the train at Moorfield’s station will see it. What you can see here is a giant egg shaped cut out that rotates. The black blocks are radiators on the inside. Its very impressive to watch and you should take 5 mins out your day to have a look.

Camera: Canon 30D // Focal Length: 34.0mm // Exposure Time: 1/160 // Aperture: f/10.0 // ISO: 200

Share This

More...

can't work that out at all but it sounds like it could be great. Any webcams or anything for it?

That video really helps. From your picture I thought it was a huge mirror

Yeah its tricky to fully capture on film. A photo doesn't really give you the full idea.

Very, very cool. I'd love to see something about they built/designed it.

I take it that the building is one that is due to be demolished? I would imagine that this would affect the value of the property :)

Far from your most interesting work, but i think you captured the building as best as possible. As others have mentioned its highly confusing and only really works if you have seen the video or seen it in real life. Would love to see a night shot of this with a love shutter speed. Reckon you could pull it off? :D

Far from your most interesting work, but i think you captured the building as best as possible. As others have mentioned its highly confusing and only really works if you have seen the video or seen it in real life. Would love to see a night shot of this with a love shutter speed. Reckon you could pull it off? :D

Doubtful :) It stops at 5pm. Its purely documentary work. Its there, its in Liverpool, my site focuses on Liverpool.

I guess you should use a professional photographer to get the effect you want.

Opps.... :help:

:p You're welcome to come and try. I've seen photos of it over the past week but its not until I saw it for real that I understood what really happens.

Well I think it is a great pic. It may not portray the moving bit but I have to say I've stared at it for a very long time trying to make heads or tails and I've found it fascinating.... isn't that one of the marks of a good photo?

How totally weird and wonderful at the same time. Saw both your images here and couldn't work out what was going on, then spotted the video clip and all becomes clear.....

Must give unsuspecting passers by a heck of a shock!

Things like this are great. It is hard to work it out from the pic but at the same time it captures the nature of the piece (y)

I guess some harsh sunlight and shadows would reveal more about what's happening in a still?

Its one of those things were because I was there, and I know whats going on I can't look at it with fresh eyes. To me its perfectly clear whats going on. When I got there though I did need to watch it for 5 minutes before the "ahhh" clicked in.

Am I thick or am I thick :bonk:

Can't work it out....:bang: :bonk:

Very interesting art, thanks for the video, better coverage than the beeb.

I can't find a snippet Of what Richard Wilson says about his own work Pete... got that anywhere? ..Just be nice to know what his thoughts where designing it .. A fantastic artist think.

There is one way to photograph it successfully I think, but you would need some big time flash power ... slow exposure, front and back curtain sync double flash, one frame ... easy. Lol. ;) ...about ten polarizers should do it for daylight. :D

Back