Tutorial for developing film and Axomat manual

Just found this on YOUTUBE that looks quite good.

[YOUTUBE]SsHar2_81s4[/YOUTUBE]

Nick and Ken,

What can I say? Many thanks for the books from both of you I have had a very quick scan through them as the posty has only just delivered them. They look really helpful and a most generous gift.

THANK YOU BOTH

Darren

Darren,

Your more than welcome and I hope it proves useful.

Ken

Another person to add to the "do not annoy list" with arkady etc......

:agree:

It's good to see you getting on well...i've been tempted since moving into a new place to give it a go in my bathroom. Though i'd not factored just how much you need to do this!

:agree:

It's good to see you getting on well...i've been tempted since moving into a new place to give it a go in my bathroom. Though i'd not factored just how much you need to do this!

For the developing side, all the lit to do B&W,C41 and E6 will fit in a fairly small box and doesn't need blackouts, just a changing bag. It's only when you get into the wet darkroom and printing side that it takes over a room somewhere :naughty:

For the developing side, all the lit to do B&W,C41 and E6 will fit in a fairly small box and doesn't need blackouts, just a changing bag. It's only when you get into the wet darkroom and printing side that it takes over a room somewhere :naughty:

I'm tempted by the changing bag idea, but I used to work in a darkroom and find that I work much better when not trying to fumble around inside bags...

Used to work in an X-Ray department darkroom and even with the lights off you can still sort of see...perhaps its just because you can visualise where things are having seen them in the light.

I've never been inside a bag so i suspect I'd struggle a bit!

I'm tempted by the changing bag idea, but I used to work in a darkroom and find that I work much better when not trying to fumble around inside bags...

Used to work in an X-Ray department darkroom and even with the lights off you can still sort of see...perhaps its just because you can visualise where things are having seen them in the light.

I've never been inside a bag so i suspect I'd struggle a bit!

I did say it doesn't NEED a blackout - tbe honest, my loft has a complete blackout, and if i've a bunch of films to load up for processing I'll go up there and do it, as it is more comfortable to work sitting in the dark with your hands unencumbered by the bag. Also, if I am loading a couple of 120 films, the amount of paper backings etc inside the changing bag would be impossible to cope with :LOL: But for one or two rolls of 35mm it's easy enough. It is only your hands that go in the changing bag you know - it's not a body bag :LOL:

I did say it doesn't NEED a blackout - tbe honest, my loft has a complete blackout, and if i've a bunch of films to load up for processing I'll go up there and do it, as it is more comfortable to work sitting in the dark with your hands unencumbered by the bag. Also, if I am loading a couple of 120 films, the amount of paper backings etc inside the changing bag would be impossible to cope with :LOL: But for one or two rolls of 35mm it's easy enough. It is only your hands that go in the changing bag you know - it's not a body bag :LOL:

I know it's not a body bag ya big yin! ;) I was trying to make my point that I am familiar with the inside of my bathroom in the dark and I'm not familiar with the inside of a bag!

I'm going to be doing 120's and I like sitting in the dark...it's much more fun being able to spread stuff out.

The old darkroom was great as it had a nice big long bench like a kitchen counter, light-tight drawers for storing your x-ray films (which would have been great for paper) and ample ventilation. It even had a little trough at the back of the bench if you spilled chemicals while replenishing the dev/fix for the automatic processor or if you spilled while manually processing in dev dishes. No idea where the trough/gutter went though.

The only problem was that the fix was Sulpher based so you used to come out at the end of the day stinking of rotten egg. Plus, if you spilled it on your white tunic, it wouldn't stain until you washed it...then it went bromide brown. (y)

I cried a little when they went over to digital.

Back