TVR Sagaris MKII

Name
Dean Smith
Edit My Images
No
Here are a few shots from a 2 day shoot for TVR. They've now sacked everyone and split the company again, so the pics won't getting used. I have a few more from this shoot which I'll post add later on this week sometime.

I didn't have any choice in location (Bruntingthorpe) and the client wanted 'grungey' shots.....sigh. I also had to work around a film crew. It was still great having 3 Sagaris' and an empty airfield/racetrack to play on though :)

3117997029_3e023240ee_o.jpg

3105986924_360e656a19_o.jpg

3105130755_606d1300c2_o.jpg

3105131145_839994eacf_o.jpg

3105131331_d443c6e18d_o.jpg

3105945898_41f89b45a4_o.jpg

Really like numbers two and five but have to ask what the wierd reflection in the driver/pasenger window is in number one, is it the interior?

4 and 6 for me. 6 would be perfect if the car was facing the camera slightly rather than angling away but that's details.

Quality set. Always loved TVRs ever since I was a kid. The cars and the company are totally nuts though.

Great shots (y)

Love that car .. there is one which drive around Notts that I see sometimes :woot:

Such a shame no-one can sort out the financial mess the company is in and start selling these cars again :(

Last edited:
put me down for #2 - just looks clean and simple.

it is clearly deliberate but #4 & 6 feel too cluttered to me.

was #2 actually taken in the dark? or is it pp'd? if it is a night shot what was your lighting setup?

also - whats going on in 5 - you use some kind of smoke machine? or is the silver sag in the background quietly converting it's dunlops into a gaseous state? :D

Thanks all for the comments.

I hope you got paid in advance.

Nope :bang:

love to know how you achieved 3?

You'll like this...

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=How+to+take+a+rig+shot

Have to say, damn sexy car. Deadly though.

Only deadly in the wrong hands, you just have to treat them with care. Saying that, I did have a few moments whilst trying to get the rear out at speed for the video camera's.

Really like numbers two and five but have to ask what the wierd reflection in the driver/pasenger window is in number one, is it the interior?

The reflection, or what you see in the window, is caused by a circular polarizer. They have a strange 'rainbow' efffect on headlights also.

I like shooting at Bruntingthorpe, there's plenty of interesting locations.

Really? I couldn't find any that I liked apart from the runway!

was #2 actually taken in the dark? or is it pp'd? if it is a night shot what was your lighting setup?

also - whats going on in 5 - you use some kind of smoke machine? or is the silver sag in the background quietly converting it's dunlops into a gaseous state? :D

2 was taken at dusk, almost 0 ambient light. I can post the original if you like?

5 - haha, it does look like rather like tyresmoke doesn't it? Their just death clouds!

love them all well done. shame about tvr being so here and there with the russians or whoever it is now.

they made awsome cars!

Hey I remember favouriting number 3 on flickr. What happened? Did you close your account and then come back or something?

An '08' reg??? Couldn't they find a new car??

Sorry, just joking. These are all great shots. The lighting you set up is superb.

Great shots matey. #5 is absolutely brilliant! I feel that in #6 you lose out on the rear-wing as it almost blends into the tyres. All in all though very nice indeed.

Well once again you've shown exactly how I wish I could shoot static cars....

Real top drawer stuff, but you do this for a living yes?

If you do, well, it shows! If you don't, have you thought about giving up the day job??

I think you'll find it's the toughened glass side window. The effect is brought out by polarising filters.

Superb images (y)(y)(y)

I wish.... no, it's my A8. What a difference a letter makes ;)
Although it's a bit more spacious and comfortable (y)

DSC02430-1.jpg

OP and Mods, please remove if too off topic :)

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry to the OP for going off topic - as soon as I'd clicked the "post quick reply" button I realised that I shouldn't have!

Blame Audi... their cars do funny things to me....

Cracking shots Dean. Loving the "grungey" look as you say :D

Back