...Tweaking some pictures

Name
Martyn
Edit My Images
Yes
...All have been 'abused' in some way poorly by me with LR but do any of these 'work' at all?

bongo.jpg

deer1.jpg

deer2.jpg

durdle door.jpg

portland bill.jpg

man o war cove.jpg

Last edited:
man o war cove 3.jpg

14. - blown out top right, yet to fix satisfactorily :eek:
man o war cove 4.jpg

bella.jpg

Last edited:
#3 is quite nice and the last one could work, but the rest...I'm sorry, but they just lok way, WAY overcooked without any real skill. God, that sounds harsh, I'm sorry. It looks like you've just turned everything up to the max. Must have been fun though!

... You're right there is no skill in me moving a few sliders around in a software package :D :D.

Thing is though every man and his dog has taken the very same photos as me. I didn't want run of the mill dull pictures, which some people like, just not me...well not that much. Something different was the agenda.
Something to stick on the wall without it being just another landscape etc...

They're not quite all full on maxed out but I know what you mean :)

:eek: There's a lot to look at there!

There are some really nice compositions, but in most the PP is too much for my taste e.g. 4 and 12 - I really like the shots but the PP spoils them for me.

The ones where I like the composition and feel that the PP has contributed something are #8 (but lose the vignette, still a bit OTT but interesting)#10 (I really, really like this one (y) . . . subject matter, composition and PP) and #15 (I like the noise. It's got that painted feel to it - and what a cutie!)

No.9 is a stunning shot! I'm in awe of anyone who can capture an aircraft in flight.
And you've kept the PP more subtle than the others - really working much better for me.

Last edited:
Back