Twenty from Dublin

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
I was in Dublin for the weekend and didn't find much to point the camera at! These are a mixture of wandering around doing the tourist thing and general shots of the people around me that seemed more interesting than the usual sights.

1 A few from the temple bar area
dublin01.jpg

dublin02.jpg

3 Could have been a lot better if I had been braver!
dublin03.jpg

4 the Liffe is not the most photogenic river and I know the shot is a bit wonky.
dublin04.jpg

5 There is this huge spike in the middle of the shopping area
dublin05.jpg

6 it makes a good meeting point
dublin06.jpg

7 Molly Malone in the street light and drizzle
dublin07.jpg

8 Drizzly shopping street
dublin08.jpg

9 Saw this guy in a few places over the weekend.
dublin09.jpg

10 More people that can't be seen.
dublin10.jpg

11 cash point
dublin11.jpg

12 smokers table
dublin12.jpg

13 French girl working out where to post her card
dublin13.jpg

14 Guinness factory tour of how it used to be made
dublin14.jpg

15 the only way is up
dublin15.jpg

16 The guinness harp
dublin16.jpg

17 The free pint in the glass walled bar on the roof overlooking the town
dublin17.jpg

18 Heads on poles!
dublin18.jpg

19 molly by backlight, unfortunately
dublin19.jpg

20 The invisible woman
dublin20.jpg

quite a varied bunch of pics there
they tell a good story
you do seem to have covered a lot of the city
1, 4, 7 are the best of the bunch imho

No shots of Ronan Robert!!! I bet Jill has a few.

2, 7, 13 for me :D

Canada, Dublin....where next!!!

Robert,

Thanks for posting these, we lived in Dublin between 1999 and 2001 and these have brought back some memories.

Great images by the way.

Chris

Brought back some memories for me too!
When I first joined my work... nearly 8 years ago... all us girls went on a weekend to Dublin as our Christmas treat (never had one since so i clicked lucky)

Had a great time.......the River Liffe is my favourite Robert.

Nice shots there RobertP (y)
Liking No's 1,2,3 and 7 and no noise for 1600 iso

May I ask what lens you used for these shots?

No shots of Ronan Robert!!! I bet Jill has a few.

To explain this... we went to Dublin because my wife is a Ronan Keating fan and bought a ticket to his wife's charity ball - where he was performing and of course guest of honour. I narrowly escaped having a ticket bought for me too and hence had the evening to wander the streets with my camera. One flaw in the scheme was it rained lightly all evening and kinda spoiled my plans. So I went out in the rain for a while then had a meal and some liquid refreshment and gave up!

All the night shots were the 50mm 1.4 which works wonderfully in not a lot of light :)

Thanks for the comments.

Love all of these, especially the ones of the invisible people. They are very atmospheric, love them all.

Thanks for sharing these Robert, all good and certainly brought back some memories from my rugby tours there in the past......... especially the Guinness factory where 2 of the bar maids clocked off and joined us for the evening, but thats another story.

cheers lee

A whole bucnh of great shots! I love Dublin - wanna go back now, having seen those pics!

See you got a shot of "the stiffy by the liffey", "the stilletto in the ghetto", "the Rod to God", "the Erection at the Intersection"!

:)

4 the Liffe is not the most photogenic river and I know the shot is a bit wonky.

maybe a tad but I like it lots (y)

Back