Twisted Tree (again)

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Many will have already seen this place before as I have posted 1 or 2 :)nuts:) shots of this tree over the years......
Promised myself a day out with the camera and took a ride up to my favourite tree :wacky:. I probably should have waited a little longer for the sun to cover all that side of the bank but it was cold and I wanted to head off to another spot before the light changed too much.

This is a 3 shot hdr shot with the 17-55.
20mm.
10sec-3.2sec-0.8sec.
ISO 100.
F22.
& stacked filters.

_MG_44833_11_22%20copy.jpg

TFL and all the best.
Ken.

I quite like how the main subject is being warmed by the sunshine whilst the foreground is still under a carpet of frost :)

It's lovely and shows all the masterful use of filters and processing I've come to expect (and curse at :LOL: ).

You're right though. You should have waited, at least for the sun to get to the bottom of the tree. :p ;)

I really like that Ken.. very nice, you COULD have waited a bit, but then i like it as is.. but there is the perfect excuse to go shoot your fav tree again.. (y)

Iv had a lok at your webbie.. im very impressed!! there are some smashing images.. and perfectly processed imo.. Id like to hear more on your set up and the filters used.. and what IM DOING WRONG!! my pic's never look that good!! lol.. :bonk:

Thanks for posting m8..

Beautiful - the water looks like ice and I too like the way the tree is bathed in the light whilst the rest of the scene looks brrrrr! (y)

:agree: Fantastic shot (y)

Id like to hear more on your set up and the filters used.. and what IM DOING WRONG!! my pic's never look that good!! lol.. :bonk:

Me too, pretty please :)

Thats a gorgous photo, love it :clap:(y)

Smashing pic. Add me to the list of peeps wanting a tutorial! :D

not commented on many of yours lately just because of time but that's a belter (y)

just one word..........................SUPERB!.....................oh and another ............jealous...

Excellent photo, has everything i want to achieve in my photography but so far have failed to do.

very nice

frustratingly i've walked around that very tree many times looking for an interesting angle but never found one that good................must have had my eyes shut - cracking shot, well done

How did I miss this! Fantastic shot and beautifully processed!

Really wonderful shot; the water looks like black ice. I'd also love to know your filter setup!

very good indeed:clap: add me to the list waiting for the filter and processing tips(y)

Thanks very much for all the comments everyone.....

the rest of the scene looks brrrrr!
It was and I was lying down on the cold frosty floor to get this shot lined up!!!

Iv had a lok at your webbie.. im very impressed!! there are some smashing images.. and perfectly processed imo.. Id like to hear more on your set up and the filters used.. and what IM DOING WRONG!! my pic's never look that good!! lol..
Thanks for checking out my website and leaving a comment, really appreciate it.....
Me too, pretty please
same here, i think you need to do a turtorial:D
Smashing pic. Add me to the list of peeps wanting a tutorial! :D
Really wonderful shot; the water looks like black ice. I'd also love to know your filter setup!
very good indeed:clap: add me to the list waiting for the filter and processing tips
Okay! You will have to give me a little time though, maybe after Christmas as i'm a bit busy at the moment......

Shame the sky didnt hold a little more, although it does go nicely with the frost.
Yeah I thought the same too when I got them uploaded to the computer....At the time of the shot I quite liked the idea...but something in the sky would have been nice, even a bird.

Ken.

I may just have to go and take a chain saw to that tree when I'm up your way ;)
:nono: :p
very nice
frustratingly i've walked around that very tree many times looking for an interesting angle but never found one that good................must have had my eyes shut - cracking shot, well done
Thanks mate, it's a lovely place.

You're right though. You should have waited, at least for the sun to get to the bottom of the tree. :p ;)
Well as it happens......

This is just one shot from what was going to be an hdr pano but then decided it was going to be too much work in processing.
_MG_4499%20copy%20bw.jpg

Processed a little differently but another 3 shot hdr.
twisted%20tree%20a5_1_2_3_4%20copy%202.jpg

I didn't realise just how long I was taking these, still wished i'd stayed to get all the bank in sun, maybe next time though!

As for what filters.....I think I used a 9 & 3 (1 stop & 3 stop) nuetral density to allow for the longer exposure and a 3 (1 stop) grad to hold the sky a little.
Thanks again for the comments.
Ken.

Back