Two air-to-airs, Three air-to-Photoshops and one Hercules

Great composites and I love the "air 2 air"s as well. Always enjoy seeing your work.

Nice, if I had to pick one as a favourite I'd go for the first Hawk shot....the Vulcan being a very close second.

No, the last Vulcan shot. Absolulately superb, the curves over the fuselage. One of the best Vulcan photos Ive seen.

Well done.

even if its been PS d.

Last edited:
That first shot of the banking Vulcan is ace. Great exposure, really good light, iconic silhouette. The little trails off the wing tips are magical.

The rest don't do that much for me simply because they're not as dynamic in terms of what they're showing. Was this during a display flight or something?

Nice, if I had to pick one as a favourite I'd go for the first Hawk shot....the Vulcan being a very close second.

Thanks for the comment, the Hawk shots were purely spur of the moment but I'm really happy with them.

No, the last Vulcan shot. Absolulately superb, the curves over the fuselage. One of the best Vulcan photos Ive seen.

Well done.

even if its been PS d.

Thankyou. It is PS'd but I'm happy with the way the two exposures have alligned. I got a great tip from a guy on Fighter Control telling me to apply a subtle filter to the entire image after flattening to bond th eimage together, to that end I've applied a 0.6 pixel gausian blur to the entire image.

That first shot of the banking Vulcan is ace. Great exposure, really good light, iconic silhouette. The little trails off the wing tips are magical.

The rest don't do that much for me simply because they're not as dynamic in terms of what they're showing. Was this during a display flight or something?

The Hawks were taken on recovery to Valley, the Vulcan shots were taken at FIAS 2012, the Lanc was taken at the Best of British Show at Kemble in 2012 and the Spit was shot at Coningsby in 2005!

Wow..... fantastic work. All beautiful planes, and all beautifully shot!!!!

Gary

Cheers Gary!

Envious of your images and your job:) Excellent stuff as always.

Thanks!

Dammit absolutely gorgeous. Still waiting for an invite to go up and try this for myself (blatant plug mode off):)
I'm just jealous. Always shooting up and fancy a change.

Back