Two Architecture shots from me.

Hi Niall, I shoot architecture in Liverpool and Manchester whenever I get over to the west side. Some great shots to be had.

Your first shot appears a tad under to me and you have lost detail in the darker areas. I woiuld crop to just to the right of the last building on the RHS as the frame adds little to the image. I would also clone out the two buoys in the water as they just distract my eye.

Your second shot I like very much. You have caught the sky well, the perpective is excellent and I like the fact you have not been loath to include the tree in the shot.

I really like the first picture as is. I like the contrast the buoy brings to the shot. However, the wood of the building in the foreground seems quite a different colour in its reflection.

I love the sharpness of both photos; they do look great.

first shot is great, I like the heavy contrast and moody skies. personally the loss of detail detracts nothing from the overall effect of the shot

I like them both, but there seems to be a bit of a halo around the buildings in #1 where you've pushed the sky in #1. Particularly the one on the left.

Still lovely perspectives and punchy colours.

Thanks all, for the feedback. I think they must be okay if they’ve managed not to be completely ripped to shreds with criticism which is the usual procedure for this forum ;) Lol, but anyway, I’m hoping to shoot some more buildings some time soon.

I agree with Bob about getting rid of the bouys and the loss of detail in your first picture. I like your second picture but I think that I would got rid of the branches on the bottom left.

Back