Two Black birds

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
127_401_zpsbchqqe63.jpg

112_402_zpsjmphawns.jpg

Very nice shot there Rich, great low viewpoint on the first one.

Nice pair, especially No2 :)

Two nice shots Rich and two of my favorite Birds to boot.
Well I don't really mean you've got to go out and boot them, the English language is a strange one to be sure.

:agree: I like the male and female Blackbirds, Jackdaws and Magpies for there colour. As their common birds and some see as a bit of a nusiance (Magpies) I love photographing them.

Good shots like the second one....:)

22 to go ( no 2 for me :) )

Sing a song of sixpence a pocket full of rye,
Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie

(null) by -Shaun Lafferty-

Lol! Do kids get that sung to them nowadays? I expect it contravenes some ethnic group somewhere and was stopped by the do-gooders :D Cheers all for the comments.

Last edited:
22 to go ( no 2 for me :) )
Sing a song of sixpence a pocket full of rye,
Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie

"When the pie was opened,
The birds began to sing"

So obviously not a very well baked pie!

"When the pie was opened,
The birds began to sing"

So obviously not a very well baked pie!

https://en.wikipedia.org
It is known that a 16th-century amusement was to place live birds in a pie, as a form of entremet. An Italian cookbook from 1549 (translated into English in 1598) contained such a recipe:[2] "to make pies so that birds may be alive in them and flie out when it is cut up" and this was referred to in a cook book of 1725 by John Nott.[1][3] The wedding of Marie de' Medici and Henry IV of France in 1600 contains some interesting parallels. "The first surprise, though, came shortly before the starter—when the guests sat down, unfolded their napkins and saw songbirds fly out. The highlight of the meal were sherbets of milk and honey, which were created by Buontalenti

Back