Two collisions from one droplet... (new one added)

Edit My Images
Yes
So, going on from http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=197254

I had a go with the droplet collisions. This was the best of the bunch. How can I increase the opaqueness in PP? Or even better, not in PP?! The double flash causes what would be an opaque droplet to be over-laid with the background milliseconds later, producing apparent transparency.

Taken using a long exposure (4 seconds) in a dark (pitch black) room, and flashing the flash twice. A Jessops 360AFD flash on 1/16th power was used, F16, ISO 100.

Last edited:
improvement from the first post already mate...

not sure about the question though, I would probably suggest a slight longer shutter OR do a flash when there is no drop to put a stronger BG in the picture.

improvement from the first post already mate...

not sure about the question though, I would probably suggest a slight longer shutter OR do a flash when there is no drop to put a stronger BG in the picture.

The shutter speed won't change anything, as it's the two flashes which are the shutter speed, but twice. You get identical pictures at 15 second shutter speeds. But yes... flashing before my well work :thinking: I'll have to see if I can try it... maybe it needs 3 flashes then...

So, I re-tried it tonight. Very very hard to do it seems.

I worked out, if the flash is side-on, and not facing whatever is behind the drop at all, when it flashes the second time it will not override the droplet in the first, making it appear transparent.

So anyways, got this one tonight:

Click for large :)

Back