Two from the garden!

Name
Ollie
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm a total novice at bird shots but got these 2 earlier that I thought were ok. Please advise what I could do to improve them and any tips for shooting them in the garden would be appreciated.

Comments & critiscms welcome.:):)

IMG_8306 by SquidVW, on Flickr

IMG_8276 by SquidVW, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Ollie

Well Ollie you did really good for a first time. The only advice I can give is set yourself some feeders up with a choice of different food if you have not already. Some branches about a foot or so away just above the height of the feeders to give them something to land on whilst they check out the feeders and if it is safe for them. If you have room and the means then get a little hide of any sort set up as well. Depending on what lens you have to use that will really determine how far away you need to be with the hide.

Not bad at all ;) I particularly like #2 with the wing blur and all (y)

Thanks! :)

Well Ollie you did really good for a first time. The only advice I can give is set yourself some feeders up with a choice of different food if you have not already. Some branches about a foot or so away just above the height of the feeders to give them something to land on whilst they check out the feeders and if it is safe for them. If you have room and the means then get a little hide of any sort set up as well. Depending on what lens you have to use that will really determine how far away you need to be with the hide.

Thanks. I will definately be trying to set up some branches so all my pictures are not actually on the feeders!! I got pretty lucky with these two!

I would like to set up some sort of hide to not scare them off so quickly but wouldn/t know where to start!!

Im using a 70 - 300 mm Tamron lens.

Ollie

Has anyone purchased / made a hide suitable for medium sized garden that they could share some pictures of?

Can someone help me identify the birds in these 2 images please?

Thanks

Ollie

Hi mate first one is a blue tit and the second is either a coal tit or a great tit i can never remember which is which.

Has anyone purchased / made a hide suitable for medium sized garden that they could share some pictures of?

I take it you were not in the Boy Scouts then Ollie :LOL: Four canes, a piece of cammo netting and some tying wire, that would be a basic setup. So long as it hides you from the birds, you might leave this up for a couple of days till they get used to it. The first is a Blue tit as mentioned and I would stick my neck out and say the second one is a Coal tit, mainly due to the visible White barring pattern on the wing.

Ha I did a small stint in Cubs but never got any further!!!!

Cheers for the ID's guys - think I need a bird book too!!!

Back