two photos of lucy.

Edit My Images
No
I took these two shots of my granddaughter ,thursday afternoon in our living room. I used a white sheet thrown over the sterio cabinet & used available light from window 5 mtrs. behind the camera. I set camera to 800iso
& used nikon 50mm set to 2.8 in aperture prioity . I would be grateful any comment and c&c in order that I may improve, regards colin.

lucy1.jpg

lucy2.jpg

The second is very soft Colin, could really do with sharpening up. Good attempts though :)

Thank you betty I now see that . great. isthis is abit better i think

lucy2-a.jpg

Heres a dirty edit for you Colin :)

lucy1.jpg

Rather than sharpening it like I said, which is actually making it worse, Ive softened it instead :)

Heres a dirty edit for you Colin :)

lucy1.jpg

Rather than sharpening it like I said, which is actually making it worse, Ive softened it instead :)

Personally I prefer the original.

To me this edit looks like a newspaper cut out.

Agree that the originals have a bit of noise but to be expected at ISO 800

I think softer is probably the better but maybe its the lighting on the skin coupled with to much noise which detracts from it. Thanks to you all for your helpful comment
I am now getting out my studio lighting kit to get in to it .I have ony used it once about a year ago. So when I am sorted out I will post some shots again & hope fully you may be able to advise me once again, regards, colin.

I can see why Betty tried that PP and it is a good result under the circumstances, I think the original is just a bit too soft for the USM to bring back, without adding too much noise to the skin and BG. Even at ISO800 the D300 should be able to deliver a sharper image? Was she moving about a bit... as these little people tend to do?
I do like the poses and expressions very much (y)

yea she was moving around alot so you maybe correct in what you say, the shot was taken @ 80th at 2.8 I would normally want a faster sp when taking wrigly babies. Thanks for your input .

sorry but nothing her does anything for me .....soz

You obviously missed the line in the original posters thread that says "I would be grateful any comment and c&c in order that I may improve"

Maybe an explanation of why it doesn't do anything for you would have been more helpfull to the OP ? Just my opinion of course (y)

Back