Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
2586625533_3ebaf24aac.jpg

2590249789_faa78cdccc.jpg

took these while going on wanders

would like to know what other people think of them

cheers

The 2nd has good leading lines, but too much foreground and lacks a focal point, aka a person walking

I would ask a question about your choice of crop on the first photo. Typically a landscape photo tends to be wider than tall. Doesn't have to be, but that's how it often works. Why did you choose this crop...and is it accomplishing what you wanted? I find it too narrow; makes you feel claustrophobic...an odd feeling for a picture of a "possibly" wide horizon and broad field.

The second photo is a great setting, but lacking a dominant subject. You have to love that tunnel of greenery...just need something at the beginning to capture the imagination!

I think the exposure, saturation, focus, and overall appearance of the photos to be fine...and to offer a great deal of potential. Thanks for sharing. Am looking forward to more of your shots.

Last edited:
I would ask a question about your choice of crop on the first photo. Typically a landscape photo tends to be wider than tall. Doesn't have to be, but that's how it often works. Why did you choose this crop...and is it accomplishing what you wanted? I find it too narrow; makes you feel claustrophobic...an odd feeling for a picture of a "possibly" wide horizon and broad field.

i chose portrait format for this photo because it shows the depth of the fields better than it did landscape. its meant to show how the field has been stripped back from harvesting, also hence the low to the ground angle. the contrast between the grass and the sky was much stronger compared to the landscape shot.

i was trying to get a different perspetive because like you say you expect landscape photos to be landscape format.

i personally felt it worked but maybe im wrong! im open to your opinions, this one obviously doesnt show it very well :)

cheers

I think the first is shot from too close to the ground for the portrait format to be effective.

I like the second, but agree with the previous comments on it.

Technically though I can't fault them :)

Back