Two steam specials from the weekend.

Edit My Images
No
Two steam hauled excursions from a very dull and grey weekend.

Saturday saw ex. LMS Jubilee No. 5690 "Leander" with the Hellifield to Carlisle and Carnforth "Cumbrian Fellsman".
4286b.jpg

Sunday was "The Tin Bath Extra" (ignore the headboard) from Manchester to Sheffield, Barnsley, Huddersfield Blackburn and Manchester.

This was a double header of "Black 5's" 45407 "The Lancashire Fusilier" and 45231 "The Sherwood Forester".
4308b.jpg

Canon 40D + 28-70mm f/2.8L (exif intactus)

Cracking photo's, particularly number two. It may be the 3/4 front view and its appearing to lean into the corner, was the track banked or is that a little artistic license, it works eitherway.
I like number 1 more when I cropped the picture at the bottom of the wall, puts the engine in the thirds zone. long live steam

Ah another two super shots - not into trains in the slighest but do look forward to your posts

#2 is my favourite in this set.

I do wonder if #1 could lose some sky and some of the grass - but what the heck great going - again I might add ! :clap::clap:

timeless shots

Thanks for the comments and glad you like 'em.

The first one was more side on for a change so to keep the whole train in shot means more foreground and sky.
I guessed that "Leander" would be pouring exhaust at that spot and there was no wind to ruin the effect either.
Unfortunately the smoke trail went out of frame :bang: but it was impressive to see none the less.
Where was this shot taken as it looks like a great spot?
The "Tin Bath" was taken HERE.

Back