Critique Two sun sets

Name
Aaron
Edit My Images
Yes
Two different evenings.

Firstly is taken at Llanddwyn Island, Newborough beach, Anglesey.
We missed the tide cut of to gt on to the island but found a fairly good view of the rocks and gulls in time for sunset.

Both taken with Canon 550d and the 55-250

250mm, f/8, 1/125th, ISO 200

Birds
by A_Cro, on Flickr

55mm, 1/400, f/9.0, ISO 100

Sunrays
by A_Cro, on Flickr

Cheers.
Aaron.

1. I like the movement from the sea it looks nice and choppy out, compositionally i like the image but the land to me looks a little dark to me, I also like the detail in the cloud.
  2. Nice and simple perspective for this image love the light coming in through the clouds nice one (y)

I like the idea of 1, and love the sky with silhouetted birds, but the almost black rocks are too dark for me, I'd like to see a little detail. 2 is great, bags of atmosphere and that small boat gives a real sense of scale.

Like them both. #1 could possibly have been shot a little wider so the horizon and the top of the cloud bank were both on thirds lines. I particularly like the way there's detail in the sea and clouds but the rocks and birds are in silhouette. I like the menace emanating from the storm in #2.

Really liking number 1, the silhouette look of the rocks and birds work great for me

Back