Non UK Two weeks tour of southern Italy in sept

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I am profoundly deaf & I am new to this site. English is my second language to BSL (British Sign Language). We will be touring around 6 possible best cities - Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Positino, Alberobello and Matera in Sept. What ya think are there perfect cities for me to shoot? Any ideas will be appreciated!

Hi I am profoundly deaf & I am new to this site. English is my second language to BSL (British Sign Language). We will be touring around 6 possible best cities - Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Positino, Alberobello and Matera in Sept. What ya think are there perfect cities for me to shoot? Any ideas will be appreciated!

Lou, welcome to TP. It sounds like your going to some amazing cities there! I've never been to them but I've seen some stunning shots of Sorrento, it looks a beautiful place to shoot! Capri also looks incredible!

I've not personally visited southern Italy, although I may get to visit later this year, I've only traveled to Florence and Siena up north. But from this limited experience and what I've seen online etc., I'm not sure the Italians know how to make a city that isn't perfect to photograph :)

I'm from Napoli and have been to all the places you posted, you're in for a treat :)

I've seen TV programmes about Matera, which I would like to go to if I could drive, and it looks like a really nice city. :)

It depends on what type of pictures you like to take of course, but I didn't find Naples that photogenic. But then you may have a better eye than I. ;) I liked Capri and went there on day out from Naples. If you get away from the packed tourist areas around the shops it was interesting.

If you have the time Pompei and Herculaneum are worth a visit. Herculaneum can be seen in half a day, Pompei is much larger and could take a whole day to see.

Sounds like a nice trip though.

Lucky you!! We honeymooned in Sorrento and visited Capri and Amalfi by boat - All are great for street photography. There are some great boat trips along that stretch of coast and also to the islands. Also well worth hopping on the train and visiting Pompeii/Herculaneum.

There are lots of excellent places to eat/drink too which is always a plus! :)

Back