As always trying some new and experimental type stuff :thinking:

Hope you like :)

IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6665.jpg

IMG_6670.jpg

IMG_6683.jpg

IMG_6794.jpg

IMG_6800.jpg

Some wierd looking monkey type things there. Number three almost made me jump back from the screen :nuts:

That's kind of the effect I was after :)

I wanted them to be in your face so to speak almost 3D.

Some pretty tactile shots , you can almost feel the fur on them :). Think they should be in the people & portrait section , they remind me of some TPF members ;)

Nice shots and not wrong to try, but 1 & 2 for me - I'm not keen on the cages / bars in the others. Sorry.

Not personally keen on the processing effects, giving it that kinda surreal colouring / look, but I will happily admit I do like the eye one (number 2), and I just love the perspective and situational 'story' the cage gives/tells in number 6. Well composed IMO. (y)

I like them Sie. More like up-close-and-personal portraits than grab-a-snap shots a visit to a zoo often produces! (y)

Eye can see what you were up to!

Wow. You've captured some fantastic shots there. It's almost likr you're in the cages with them. How have you managed to get rid of the cages in the foreground so effectively? Surely not just a shallow depth of field?

Thanks very much everyone.

Torpedo: It wasn't cages but that plastic glass stuff (y)

I really like those Sie, great close ups. :clap: :clap: My only critisism is that #3 is maybe a little too glassy eyed, maybe over sharpened?

Yea I think your right too about 3. It didn't stand out for me until I posted it but then I was too lazy to do anything about it :shake:

3 & 4 are good. 5 is almost great but something about it doesn't quite work for me. I think the balance of the photo is slightly wrong and I find the foreground monkey draws my attention too much. At first I thought it was perhaps the blurring being too strong, it almost creates a disconnection between the two. But I think it is mainly because the foreground one is larger and yellow/bright and this draws the attentin more than the background one which is smaller/black. It is a shame because I really like the idea and think it is almost a great shot.

6 is the real standout one for me. The way he is looking directly at the viewer gives a real impression that he is intelligent, aware and almost human. I think it is a brilliant shot. The only thing I don't like is that he looks quite sad which with the bars in the background is disquieting.

I think you certainly succeeded in getting a different perspective and the closeups on their faces works really well.

Back