The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
...........at the cat house

Dads snoring

knackered.jpg

Mums settling down

Bed-time.jpg

And the kids are grumpy ( nothing new there then :D)

Grrr.jpg

oh - that sort of cat house :nuts:
junior does not look happy does he!!
he's the best shot of the three tho

oh - that sort of cat house :nuts:

Sorry to dissapoint Mike :D
But the local one closed some years ago at Gt Brickhill, and if I have you placed right you know
where I mean, but not specifically of course :D

Great set - 1st is a cracker and the 3rd one is amazing!!!

Sorry to dissapoint Mike :D
But the local one closed some years ago at Gt Brickhill, and if I have you placed right you know
where I mean, but not specifically of course :D

er cough! :naughty:

Great set - 1st is a cracker and the 3rd one is amazing!!!

Thanks John (y) Its appriciated
I wasn't sure if #3 "worked" or not without a more natural background

I wasn't sure if #3 "worked" or not without a more natural background

What? Fantastic m8

There are a great many good images loaded onto this site, but only a few I think "Bu**er, wish I'd been there" - this is one of them

I had a quick play (hope you don't mind) at it as a B&W here - if I'd taken it, it'd be going on my wall soon enough

:clap::clap::clap:

Cobra_s_cat.jpg

No 3 reminds me of Ms Toto_Returns first thing in the morning. :D

But by jove! No 3 is in actual fact jolly good old chap! :clap:

Although if I was being really picky, I'd crop it a little closer on the left and let the cat's expression fill the frame (in technicolor). :)

In fact, I would delibrately crop the ears so I could get rid of some empty space. This would also make the cat look a little more roguish and aggressive. A little like this. ;)

Grrr.jpg

Ohhh what a lovely set..amazing animals..so beautiful..

I just love number 3.. Nicely done, and the B & W conversion works well too..(y)

What? Fantastic m8

There are a great many good images loaded onto this site, but only a few I think "Bu**er, wish I'd been there" - this is one of them

I had a quick play (hope you don't mind) at it as a B&W here - if I'd taken it, it'd be going on my wall soon enough

:clap::clap::clap:

WOW Thanks for the comments Dave! I am truely flattered!
I am not a fan of B&W to be honest, but feel free to "play"

No 3 reminds me of Ms Toto_Returns first thing in the morning. :D

That'll get you castrated or worse if she see's that :D

But by jove! No 3 is in actual fact jolly good old chap! :clap:

WOW Thanks Bunny! coming from someone who shoots in "the wild" to such a great standard that is praise indeed

Although if I was being really picky, I'd crop it a little closer on the left and let the cat's expression fill the frame (in technicolor). :)

not to keen on the crop TBH but I can see where you were going with it

That'll get you castrated or worse if she see's that :D

Too late! There is now a fine pair of castanets hanging on the wall! :eek:

WOW Thanks Bunny! coming from someone who shoots in "the wild" to such a great standard that is praise indeed

Ah... :embarrassed: Though I think you have 'shoots in the wild' mixed up 'with shoots in the buff.' ;)

not to keen on the crop TBH but I can see where you were going with it

Well at least you can see where I am going. Now could you tell me where that is because this old chap is a little lost. :( But I do very much like your shot as it is. I was (for the benefit of others who know me not at all) just saying that if I was behind the camera that's how I would intepret the shot. The eyes and expression would become the most important part of the composition for me. We would both come away with different images from the same moment as we see differently and isn't that what it's all about? :D Well, apart from the light and what you point your camera at of course. :thinking:

Just stay away from the arbitrary conversions of animal pictures to mono my young apprentice. Even Polar bears and penguins on ice flows look better in colour and you don't see Andy Rouse doing it. He's that proper wild photographer who manages to pay the mortgage with his work or something. ;).

Hmmm - doesn't this conflict with your earlier comment about everyone seeing differently? :D

Nope! :p ;)

I explained my slightly unsuccessful crop and Cobra could see how I was thinking about the composition. It was the composition, the arrangement of elements to show what was important to the photographer that is important IMO. :) Not the arbitrary use of a filter because 'this might look nice without colour'. :thinking:

Of course I am as guilty as the next person when it comes to 'Oh my good grief! This picture is crap! Maybe if I post process the hell out of it I can save it!' :puke: :D

But Cobra's pictures is not crap. (y)

Nope! :p ;)

:) Not the arbitrary use of a filter because 'this might look nice without colour'. :thinking:

Of course I am as guilty as the next person when it comes to 'Oh my good grief! This picture is crap! Maybe if I post process the hell out of it I can save it!' :puke: :D

So changing to B&W is done to improve a poor colour shot? :thinking: And there's me thinking B&W looked good for its own sake rather than an 'arbitrary' rescue attempt

Each to their own

Three nice shots. No3 is a very good.(y)

Thanks Lammie

Too late! There is now a fine pair of castanets hanging on the wall! :eek:

Ah.. Though I think you have 'shoots in the wild' mixed up 'with shoots in the buff.' ;)

Well at least you can see where I am going. Now could you tell me where that is because this old chap is a little lost. :( But I do very much like your shot as it is. I was (for the benefit of others who know me not at all) just saying that if I was behind the camera that's how I would intepret the shot. The eyes and expression would become the most important part of the composition for me. We would both come away with different images from the same moment as we see differently and isn't that what it's all about? :D Well, apart from the light and what you point your camera at of course.

Just stay away from the arbitrary conversions of animal pictures to mono my young apprentice. Even Polar bears and penguins on ice flows look better in colour and you don't see Andy Rouse doing it. He's that proper wild photographer who manages to pay the mortgage with his work or something. ;).

Sorry to here about your "nuts" Mr Lop-ears that'll teach you "shoot" in the "RAW" :D
The B&W to covert or not convert ( or shoot in) arguement will rage on forever no doubt, I think that somethings work and some don't, on the whole though I do prefer colour.
As has been said its all very subjective as is the "framing aspect"

:LOL: That 3rd shot is spot on mate - very nicely done (y)

Thanks for you feedback Mike its always appriciated

Sorry to here about your "nuts" Mr Lop-ears that'll teach you "shoot" in the "RAW" :D
The B&W to covert or not convert ( or shoot in) arguement will rage on forever no doubt, I think that somethings work and some don't, on the whole though I do prefer colour.
As has been said its all very subjective as is the "framing aspect"

:LOL: They make quite fetching Christmas tree decorations actually. :eek:

But Mr Cobra who sees through my idiom every time realises that I do like mono conversions. In fact some work cries out for it from the very beginning. (y) But keep up the good colour work Mr Cobra. :p ;)

Lovely shots Chris, That last one is really something! The expression is just so :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Lovely shots Chris, That last one is really something! The expression is just so :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks Ladybird (y) he really does look a little fractious doesn't he? :D

Very nice, still yet to get to take some shots like that.

Back