Tyre Valve Adapters

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a tyre inflator that I can plug into the car's cigarette lighter socket (this is to inflate the tyres on my chair). The issue is that the inflator screws onto the valve on the tyre but, when i go to remove it, a lot of the air escapes before I've completely unscrewed it. With my old bike pump, there was a lever on it that you pushed down to lock it down and just flipped it back up to release it.

My question is, is there an adapter that the inflator can screw into that will allow it to lock onto the tyre valve as above? I've tried searching but not having much luck.

Thanks, hope that all makes sense.

Could you take the old lever bit and fit it in place of the screwy bit on the new pump? Mrs Nod's 'leccy pump has the screw thingy but we can both do the unscrewing bit fast enough to reduce the leakage to a minimum. Another trick would be to go a few lb/in^2 over with the pump and deflate to the correct pressure afterwards using a separate pressure gauge.

Could you take the old lever bit and fit it in place of the screwy bit on the new pump?

No, compleely different type of pump.

Mrs Nod's 'leccy pump has the screw thingy but we can both do the unscrewing bit fast enough to reduce the leakage to a minimum

Sadly not with my fingers

Another trick would be to go a few lb/in^2 over with the pump and deflate to the correct pressure afterwards using a separate pressure gauge.

Inflator only goes to a maximum of 120psi so not enough to play with unfortunately

Was hoping there would be an adapter you could just screw onto.

Female or male screw type on compressor?

Nah, forget that, just had a look on another site with better detail.

Last edited:
THIS one looks like it could be ideal - looks easy to clip on and off the valve, even with reduced mobility.

Back