UFC in Dublin

Edit My Images
Yes
This was only my second effort at sport (the first was a motocross that turned out crap), got a pass for UFC in Dublin, focusing through the cage was a bi*ch! I can't post too many of these due to restrictions, comments welcome..
DSC_2352.jpg

DSC_2450.jpg

DSC_2269.jpg

DSC_2138.jpg

DSC_2170.jpg

6. I couldnt go to ufc and not take a shot of the ring girls ;)
DSC_2200.jpg

Number 1 is a great capture. Frozen the action really well. Shame about the cage but I guess you can't do much about that in UFC!!!

Always wondered how these photos would look with the cage and now i know, good effort imo and #5 looks like it hurt a lot :)

superb shots I think that you have done a great job especially catching the wobbly chops in the first one, shame about the cage in the shots.

Jeez that looks like a hard game for hard men. You wouldn't get me in there. Well captured. You did the best you could with the cage in the way. I wonder if they have some sort of special design for photographers with a small gap in the cage somewhere? I'm sure I've seen shots with no cage wire in the way before.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Jeez that looks like a hard game for hard men. You wouldn't get me in there. Well captured. You did the best you could with the cage in the way. I wonder if they have some sort of special design for photographers with a small gap in the cage somewhere? I'm sure I've seen shots with no cage wire in the way before.

When i used the 70-200 i had no wire in them, but the official photographer is allowed to stand on the outside of the cage. We were told we werent allowed to move from our seats during the fight and werent allowed to stand up, as we would get in the way for tv coverage!

I like the cage effect, it adds to the sense of drama, it's like the cage is protecting the viewer from the danger! But I'm glad no6 has no cage!!

Back