UK customs and Gordys Straps.

Name
Lyn
Edit My Images
Yes
Firstly not Gordys strap fault.
Ordered a wrist strap for my X-T2 at $18 plus o ring bumper at $1. I also paid $13 for postage from US, didn't mind that as had great reviews on straps. Thing is that o ring put me 35 pence over for customs, 35 pence!!!
As a result they charged me £11.09 extra before I could collect my strap. That's £3.09 vat and Royal Mail charged £8 handling charge.
So, word of warning. If ordering a wrist strap just get wrist strap and you are within levels to not be charged by our customs and mail service.
But that's the UK, born free, taxed to death.

Liked these straps as seen on several YouTube channels and not available in uk.

That looks exactly the kind of jobby I need! I just sold off my Black rapid sport and the wrist strap, just want something simple. I'm a free hand warrior :D hate using straps in general, but I can live with a simple, tough, wrist strap. They look pretty cool too

Always find this once you've been caught out. Will search harder for uk distributers in future. But at least reading this post others won't be caught in same way by customs which is the reason for post.

Lyn

Last edited:
Check out Footprint straps. Comparable to a Gordys I imagine and very well made. I don't think my wrist strap is even broken in yet!

I've been discussing producing something very similar with one of my suppliers.

Back