UK Mountain Light...a few unposted

Edit My Images
No
A few unposted shots from recent wild camps.

6 image post limit...right ok..why?

IMG_5494_2.jpg

IMG_5549_2.jpg

IMG_6301_2.jpg

IMG_6671.jpg

IMG_7033.jpg

Edited because I was over by 72 pixels :eek: .... phew close one...nearly brought the server down!
Snowdona_pano_2_big_16bit_crop1_512.jpg

Last edited:
Great set.

Love the golden tip on Tryfan.

Had a great cloud inversion on the hills up here a few weeks back - no camera sob sob.

good stuff 2and 5 for me but they are all, great set, there just my fav(y)

Very fine shots.

You are all very kind thank you :D

WOah these are great love the rocl one and the first one fantastic am going to give this a go next year as think the weather will bring a whole new meaning to wild camping for the next few months round here

Lovely collection,#5 pips it for me ,i feel that i could really fall down into the valley ,thats a hanger in my book (y)

Excellent captures(y) Did you use filters or enhance them afterwards??
The light & composition of the last one stands out for me.;)

They're all fantastic. No.4's my favourite, love the heart shape of the stone.

They are all good shots and I feel better off for having seen them. I particularly like the subtlety of 6, following the drama of 5.

I have to say though, while these are good and certainly top drawer images, I've seen you do better. :)

Wow, all of these are absolutely stunning!! :naughty:

And I have to say, number 2 has to be in my top 5 favourites I have seen on this site! Absolutely brilliant!

Bravo

#6 is awesome! what kind of kit do you take with you (inc camping gear) on these wild camps? sounds like fun!

Stunning light and locations... though not sure #4 qualifies as a mountain. Looks more like my kinda location. :)

I love the sky in #3, it's a great lead in to that mountain thing in the background. Works a treat for me! (y)

Was number #2 taken on a recent trip to Mars?

dont like number 2, but thats just personal opinion. The rest are stunning, great skies, clear shots, with 4 being my fave. :clap:

Lovely shots m8. Q. Were these tweaked much in PP?

Your Question: "6 image post limit...right ok..why?."
At a guess, I'd offer server bandwidth...

Last edited:
Thanks very much everyone....once again you are all very kind :D

Excellent captures(y) Did you use filters or enhance them afterwards??
The light & composition of the last one stands out for me.;)

These are from several visits so I can't remember the filtrations used but I use a full set of soft and hard Hi-Tech GND's and a circular polarisor.

#6 is awesome! what kind of kit do you take with you (inc camping gear) on these wild camps? sounds like fun!

I have described my gear a few times on here to great length but for the life of me I can only find some of it in this thread:

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=171152&page=2

Stunning light and locations... though not sure #4 qualifies as a mountain. Looks more like my kinda location. :)

I love the sky in #3, it's a great lead in to that mountain thing in the background. Works a treat for me! (y)

Was number #2 taken on a recent trip to Mars?

Number 2 was superb light I have never encountered (or noticed) before. The sun had just set and I turned around to find the top of the Carneduu mountains bathed in the after glow of deep red sky. I slightly overexposed the ground and controlled the sky with a GND. The result was this beautiful deep red straight out of camera that I was chuffed to bits with :)

Lovely shots m8. Q. Were these tweaked much in PP?

Your Question: "6 image post limit...right ok..why?."
At a guess, I'd offer server bandwidth...

Cheers :)

5 & 6 were PP'd a lot more than the others.

5 was taken in poor light and I found myself dodging and burning to get what I wanted from the image.

6 was taken without filtration (I find my gnd's do horrible things shooting into very bright sun) and multiple exposure were taken to capture both ends of the exposure. I had to blend them together in PS later.

Fabulous set of images. Get better as they go down, with 4, 5 and 6 being my favourites. Absolutely love them all though.

Great for a calendar :p

Bart

Thanks very much :)

A very impressive set!
#1 & #5 are my pick of the bunch however there's no particular reason though, it's just that when I go back for a squint I tend to stop and study them more - Epic! (y) As I've said in previous threads/posts, stuff like this needs to be remembered and submitted when the time comes to prepare for the 2011 TP calendar... Well Done :)

Re: the 6 image limit. It only applies to the post, so a follow up post can contain more. iirc it was put in-place to encourage members to select a limited number of images for critiqee as opposed to whacking in a shed-load and hoping for the best!

No 6 for me, love the detail caught in the shaded area of the image and the orange tones near the centre.

Back