Ullswater - Boathouse

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
A cliche shot I know, but one i'd never done myself. I found myself travelling south back south from a business trip near Carlisle today, so thought i'd spend an hour or so here. Weather up and till my arriving was shocking with heavy rain, mist and fog, but started to clear up on arrival. Also didn't know from this location that you are pretty much standing on the road as the lake was high and lapping the edges of the wall. My tripod was at a very peculiar angle with one leg resting on the small wall and the other two pretty much on the edge of the road ! To prevent me getting run over, i put on my works high vis jacket :D

Anyway, D500 16-80 F2.8-4 lens. Lee .6 soft ND grad with Lee landscape polariser and a Lee big stopper to calm the lake. 62 seconds at F11

Super shot...maybe just a smidge dark for me on the righthand side but lovely, nonetheless! :)

Very nicely done, I like the contrast between the light and dark areas and the reflected light from the wet roof of the boathouse would be less effective if the shadows were raised further.

I assumed that was a dusting of snow on the roof!! :)

Meh cliché, who cares. You haven't shot it before so it's new for you. Really good shot mate.

A very pleasing and subtly rendered image, albeit of a familiar scene. Good work(y)

Thanks a lot chaps - appreciated

The back ground mountains and sky really enhance this capture.
GEORGE

Back