Ullswater in Autumn

Boo

Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing as the weather has been really naff and spring is taking its time to say hello I had a play with a photo we took a couple of years back.... now... the thing is me and Snapster are arguing as to who took it as we can't remember :doh: but anyway I played with it a tad in PS, I won't say what I did til you let me know what you think of it. Hope you like it.

Ullswater+Boat+I.jpg

Keltic Ice Man said:
Hi Boo

I love the autumn colours of the trees and the reflection of them in the lake, but its all too soft to me. This is probably the effect you are aiming for but not to my taste. :getmecoat but im sure some others will like it :)

Allan

Yeah it was lol.. but there you go each to their own, what we personally like and its all about interpretation at the end of the day

I like the softness, very serene.

OK did you duplicate layers and blur top one, change to screen then change transparancy, or similar?

Just a guess but for the record, blinking brilliant:clap:

i find the mist wrecks the picture, im not sure if its photoshopped or not but it looks fake to me

nice autumn colours though, although you've cut the top off the tall tree (the one sticking above the rest) in the picture which to me seems all kinds of wronG!

I like this! It has a sort of a dreamy feel to it. I feel that the mist actually adds to the feel of the shot. The boat seems a little overexposed, but other than that, I really like it :)

It was a very quick snap shot that I thought I'd just play around with. What led me to this pikkie was seeing someone's photo's on another site, I loved her work. She uses a plug in called Buzz Simplifier which gives a paint effect in varying degrees without losing too much detail... well this was my first attempt after downloading the trial version.

i find the mist wrecks the picture, im not sure if its photoshopped or not but it looks fake to me

nice autumn colours though, although you've cut the top off the tall tree (the one sticking above the rest) in the picture which to me seems all kinds of wronG!

Yeah composition could be better hence the reason it was a snapshot but funnily enough the mist was real. :D maybe its been over enhanced by the general effect and the boat is a little overexposed.. but there you go.. first go and all. :whistle2:

Back