Ullswater in black & white

Name
sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry it's been so long since I've been here - life has a way of getting in the way of photography

Having never been to Ullswater before so I didn't really know what to expect if I'm honest. My visit was between Christmas and New Year when the weather was very clear and cold.I appreciate that everywhere looks great with a drop of sun and a coating of ice, but Ullswater was very quite breathtaking. The deep contrast lent itself to black and white straight away so I had this in mind.

I also had my family around at all times so whilst I'm sure there were at times better compositions I did what I could (five year olds have no patience...). The Hogamanay Hangover is the reason I'm only getting round to working through many of the images just now!

IMG_3272 by Sam Proctor, on Flickr

IMG_3254 by Sam Proctor, on Flickr

IMG_3225 by Sam Proctor, on Flickr

IMG_3154 by Sam Proctor, on Flickr

Sorry for the delaying in replying but I've been laid low with man flu (like half of the UK I'm hearing)...

Love the 2nd and 4th image. I agree, Ullswater is beautiful.
Thanks Paul. The Lakes have a very different feel to the Highlands. Just as big in many cases, but feeling more manicured (in a good way).

Last one for me because of the layers
Yes I do like the depth to this too. Thanks

I really like the second one. A good set all round but #2 is the pick of the bunch for me.
I think the second does it for me too. Thank for your thoughts though Jason.

Nice images and work well as a series.
Cheers Steve, appreciated.

Back